Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Curtieson

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    When the 920 came out, I salivated over the design and beauty and pitied myself for being a Verizon customer. I swore I would switch once my contract expired. Then, a week or so after it was released, I read that Nokia was providing free wireless charging pads. How I swore. Poor me. No Lumia for me, except mid-class, boring 822.

Now, there is finally a phone that I like on Verizon and I will be rushing the store to grab it. Will we be getting a free charging pad too?

I was wondering this too and I hope so. But my cynical side says probably not.

No free charging pad.

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    They don't even come with a headset. No way they'll include a free charging pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Yeah... View Post
    They don't even come with a headset. No way they'll include a free charging pad.
    Neither does the 920, yet it came with a free charging pad as a promo from ATT. This isn't dependent on what's in the box, it's dependent on what promos Verizon decides to offer.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts
    No but, you will get a $25 credit towards apps in the marketplace... Not as good but, still good...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Neither does the 920, yet it came with a free charging pad as a promo from ATT. This isn't dependent on what's in the box, it's dependent on what promos Verizon decides to offer.
    True, but Verizon is a) notoriously cheap, b) not trying to push WP like AT&T, and c) selling it for only $99. I don't remember the price of the 920 on AT&T when it was first released, but I believe it was more than $99.

PIN
    No
    True, but Verizon is a) notoriously cheap, b) not trying to push WP like AT&T, and c) selling it for only $99. I don't remember the price of the 920 on AT&T when it was first released, but I believe it was more than $99.
    The Lumia 920 launched for $99.99 on AT&T with a free charging plate.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 830, Nokia Lumia 1020, iPhone 6
    Surface Pro 128GB

Quote Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
    This is true.

Loving my Lumia 928 got it yesterday. By the way Verizon has sold more windows phone then the one trick pony known as ATT

Quote Originally Posted by broadwaylos View Post
    Loving my Lumia 928 got it yesterday. By the way Verizon has sold more windows phone then the one trick pony known as ATT
    Seriously? Why don't the tout that, like, at all??

How did you get it early?

I work for vzw its my concession line. So far I live the overall design and feel for the phone. Wish we had more case options
    Cases will come..... In the mean time, contact the case-provider of your liking, and tell them you want one to fit 928.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    As soon as I can trade my DNA or Note 2 for the 928 I'm in there... I've accrued 2 wireless charging pads over time so I'm anxious to start using them on this beaat

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
    And for Black Friday marked it $50 with the free charging pad. For $100 I got two phones and two pads. Got my phones on release day and was able to price match down to $50 each.

Quote Originally Posted by broadwaylos View Post
    Where did you read that? Numbers don't lie...AdDuplex Blog: AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report for April 2013

The 822 is now in more hands than the 920...but that doesn't mean Verizon outsold AT&T.

clip_image010%25u002525255b3%2525255d.png
    DavidinCT likes this.