charging plate-usb powered

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there a charging plate that is compatible with the 928 that is usb powered? I have a usb connection in my car and want to hook up a charging plate in it. I bought the Nokia Wireless Charging Plate DT-900 but it is AC powered.

The only one I saw was the LG Wireless Charging Pad but a Verizon manager told me it will not work with the 928.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you look at the output from the AC adapter, you'll see that it is 12 VDC, so it would be a piece of cake to convert it to the car. In fact, I already have a car charger that fits it, pulled from my box-o-junk-cables (doesn't every geek have one of these? :wink:). Just make sure you get the polarity right, whether using a different adapter or making your own.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought about this as well but I'm just going to wait for the Nokia car mount/charger to get released as I want to mount it for GPS, etc. anyway.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought about this as well but I'm just going to wait for the Nokia car mount/charger to get released as I want to mount it for GPS, etc. anyway.

That's what I plan, too. I have two plates waiting for my shiny new 928 - one for work, and one for home. I'll use my dvlup points to get a free car charger when they come out. :grin:

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Qimini has a USB charging plate, thought its kinda pricey.
MyQimini

I've seen the LG charging plate before, and it looks great, but LG discontinued it, so you're gonna have to look around for one. None of my Verizon stores carry them anymore.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Qimini has a USB charging plate, thought its kinda pricey.
MyQimini

I've seen the LG charging plate before, and it looks great, but LG discontinued it, so you're gonna have to look around for one. None of my Verizon stores carry them anymore.

Lol, you beat me to it. Almost verbatim too -- funny. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)