UPDATE - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model - Shipped FedEx May 21th - To be delivered May 22nd !!!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model - Shipped FedEx May 21th - To be delivered May 22nd !!!

I ordered the Black model on May 16th at 10:30 am at a local Verizon store (but the manager said they were using the SAME ONLINE system that I could use myself - and the one that currently shows "OUT of Stock" ... so zero benefit there.

I have been "checking the pre-order" status several times per day since then and the "status has now changed to this" ...

:grincry:

ScreenHunter_18 May. 19 09.54.jpg

Last edited:

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: OMG - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model IS SHIPPING on May 20th - AWESOME!

Mine has showed that since Thursday.

Let's see if they actually ship. Hopefully.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
OMG - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model *HAS SHIPPED* on May 20th - AWESOME!

SHIPPED >>> Picked up by FedEx on Sunday, May 19 >>> Credit Card Charged.

The BAD NEWS IS - but who cares after all of this - is it is FedEx 2-DAY ... deliver on Wed May 22.

Called Verizon and they said ... the BLACK was considered "pre-order" so it went with the published FREE 2-Day.

OH WELL ... but, it's on it's way - OH YES, Verizon CONFIRMED ... IT IS the BLACK 928 !!!

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

ScreenHunter_22 May. 19 16.36.jpg

Last edited:

Radioage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: OMG - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model *HAS SHIPPED* on May 20th - PICKED UP BY FEDEX May 19th

Mine was picked up too and scheduled to be here by 4:30 Wednesday. Hope so!

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: OMG - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model *HAS SHIPPED* on May 20th - PICKED UP BY FEDEX May 19th

Congrats can't wait to see how the black looks, though I love my white

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

It gets better - Verizon just emailed me their "official" - Your order has shipped! However, unlike the overnight FedEx I was promised, it now appears to be scheduled for two-day delivery on Wed May 22nd. I called FedEx to see "IF" they might "deliver EARLY" and she said that they have so many packages that they usually hold to the "contracted delivery date".

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Are you guys seeing any movement with your shipment? Mine still says expected delivery for Wednesday but has not moved since it was picked up by FedEx on Sunday. Seems strange.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Are you guys seeing any movement with your shipment? Mine still says expected delivery for Wednesday but has not moved since it was picked up by FedEx on Sunday. Seems strange.

SAME with me ... just the kind of bull**** that Verizon is playing.

1) I ORDERED the Black model at 10:30 am on May 16th - the launch day - from a Verizon store with the store manager's direct assistance
2) HE SAID, IT WOULD SHIP OVERNIGHT vs. TWO DAY because it was "out-of-stock"
3) However, instead of "back-order" ... It went into a pre-order status
4) I called several times over the weekend and BECAUSE IT WAS PRE-ORDER, the Verizon CS reps said they could NOT access it
5) As you can see below, IT was Picked up by FedEx on Sunday, May 19th - My credit card WAS CHARGED on Sunday
6) The Verizon shipment paperwork WAS NOT TRANSMITTED until Monday, May 20th at 5 am
7) SO, NOW IT SITS "apparently until tonight" for overnight delivery
8) I called Verizon - NOTHING they can now do as it is NOW with FedEx
9) Called FedEx - NOTHING they can do as VERIZON "has specified" TWO DAY!

10) And that's the whole story ... at least, the Black model is STILL NOT AVAILABLE LOCALLY at any store

ScreenHunter_27 May. 21 08.58.jpg

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

SAME with me ... just the kind of bull**** that Verizon is playing.

1) I ORDERED the Black model at 10:30 am on May 16th - the launch day - from a Verizon store with the store manager's direct assistance
2) HE SAID, IT WOULD SHIP OVERNIGHT vs. TWO DAY because it was "out-of-stock"
3) However, instead of "back-order" ... It went into a pre-order status
4) I called several times over the weekend and BECAUSE IT WAS PRE-ORDER, the Verizon CS reps said they could NOT access it
5) As you can see below, IT was Picked up by FedEx on Sunday, May 19th - My credit card WAS CHARGED on Sunday
6) The Verizon shipment paperwork WAS NOT TRANSMITTED until Monday, May 20th at 5 am
7) SO, NOW IT SITS "apparently until tonight" for overnight delivery
8) I called Verizon - NOTHING they can now do as it is NOW with FedEx
9) Called FedEx - NOTHING they can do as VERIZON "has specified" TWO DAY!

10) And that's the whole story ... at least, the Black model is STILL NOT AVAILABLE LOCALLY at any store

View attachment 34426

Yeah mine shows the same thing. Well I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

No PAIN, NO gain ... I have ONLY WAITED for the 928 since LAST SEPTEMBER at a launch event where the Nokia 920 and HTC 8X were announced by the CEOs of Microsoft, Nokia and HTC. ATT was announced for the 920 ... BUT nothing about "exclusive" UNTIL November ...

And ... rumors, rumors, rumors for the last 6 months ... including "reported" spy shots of the 92x showing up in Verizon's inventory system around CES in Jan.

Based on the WHITE REVIEWS being "AMAZING" ... what's an extra few days ...

Hirobomb

May 21, 2013
Visit site

i just got my black 928...Ordered online on the 16th... overnight shipping... matte black looks really nice.

2013-05-21 15.16.42.jpg

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

A thing of beauty! Can't wait. Do you notice any of the color/light issues with the home button that people are reporting on some whites in the Bug thread?

Hirobomb

May 21, 2013
Visit site

no extra charge for overnight.... it was just included...

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

no extra charge for overnight.... it was just included...

Did you order online or at a Verizon store - 2 Day FedEx "is included" standard, so somehow you got free overnight?

Our "black 928" has been sitting in Memphis at the main FedEx hub since Sunday at 8:32 pm ... FedEx says "it's because" it's 2 Day and they didn't get the shipping info from FedEx until Monday at 5 am ... so it goes out tonight for May 22 delivery = 2 days.

BTW ... CONGRADULATIONS on getting yours overnight!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

OK, left Memphis ... it's about time ... it "sat in Memphis" for almost 48 frigging hours (since late afternoon on Sunday) - Thanks Verizon for terrific delivery.

I am dying to hear the "back story" on why either Verizon or Nokia "did not" allow the BLACK model until May 20th ... and apparently BLACK IS NOT available at either the local Verizon stores, Microsoft store, etc. ... but Newegg has Black?

ScreenHunter_30 May. 21 15.10.jpg

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: UPDATE - My "Verizon pre-order" BLACK model - Shipped FedEx May 21th - To be delivered May 22nd

Finally!!! After ordering the black on Thursday and issue after issue with the order, it has finally shipped. Fedex has it set to be delivered on Friday. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Will also be nice to have a personal phone again after being without for at least a month now.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Matte black ... I was hoping it wasn't gloss black ... so, did you pay extra for overnight?

Got my BLACK 928 today and fully set it up in 15 minutes - well maybe 30 - because I had to re-sync with Exchange.

I must say that "pictures just do NOT this this ALL BLACK" 928 justice ... it IS a thing of sheer beauty and looks and feels like a high end sports car. Even beyond a iPhone 5 and ANY Samsung "plastic" Galaxy I have either seen and/or held.

Those "on the fence" about "black" ... GO for it - so far, ONLY online!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes