Using a Nokia Lumia 928 on Page Plus

RoboMWM

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
On a slightly unrelated note, I just got a Lumia 928 and have switched over to Lycamobile (uses T-Mobile infrastructure) from Page Plus. Main reason is there's no "airtime" refill needed, and it appears that the Lumia 928 is SIM-unlocked by default. (I don't use data, but to get that working it appears you have to enter in APN settings manually)

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
New LTE services come unlocked though some report trouble with MMS and APN settings

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is a dead project now.
I never found any XDA forum posts on this matter or anyone talking about it over there, as referenced above.
I could have easily missed it though

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd really like to see this succeed. I'd love to move to an MVNO, but because of the coverage where I live, leaving Verizon's network behind isn't an option for me, so for now I'm stuck with high priced but very good coverage.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess this is a dead project now.
I never found any XDA forum posts on this matter or anyone talking about it over there, as referenced above.
I could have easily missed it though

There isn't any Windows Phone carrier specific talk over there. That's more of a place for Howardforums. Most likely it will take putting the device in DM mode. It should be easy to do on the Verizon edition of the HTC 8X, as you just need to dial ##MFG# and flip the switch for DM Mode and run CDMA Workshop.

On Nokia devices however, there isn't a similar hidden utility. Well, except the On Device Diagnostics Tool, but it will only install on InteropUnlocked Nokias; they have several different USB switches. It only works on Developer/Preproduction/NotForSale editions of their devices though....

The only other option is a custom removable user identity modules (RUIMs - SIMs for CDMA essentially) containing the proper settings for PagePlus.

Also another thing is possible. NCS has the capability to push DM commands over WinUSB using JSON_RPC, essentially the commands we need are always running, but need their convenient driver. So it essentially would be simple to get going, but we would need someone who knows how to interface with drivers.
Sent from my Lumia 928 (RM-860) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This may be an old thread, but it's the best place for my post. Lumia 928 will now work on Page Plus's 4G LTE service. I activated my 928 on PP today. It does not require any changes of settings, reflashing, or anything on the phone. Just get a Page Plus 4G LTE SIM and get activated.

Edit: at this time you'll have to call PP to do the activation. Their online activation webpages aren't ready for the 4G LTE SIMs. I'm sure PP will correct that soon. But for now, call them...as painful as that is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte