This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Th3GingerHitman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hey guys, has anyone figured out how to turn on group messaging? I checked the message settings and nothing.

    Thanks!
  2. devize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    In the messaging app just type in the names of the people you want to message or press the plus icon. Once you select someone you can just keep adding people
  3. Th3GingerHitman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    I'm sorry, what I meant was I received a text from someone which was to a group of people. I originally thought it was for me only but then I started getting more messages about it but from different people. So the message I received was to multiple ppl at the same time but it didn't show it. Does this make sense?
  4. reversalagent's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I believe, as stated in previous posts, this is a "bug" with Verizon and Windows Phone, as other carriers do not have this limitation. The rumor is, an update sometime this summer/year will remedy this situation and you can have group messaging on Windows Phone with Verizon.
  5. Th3GingerHitman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    ok cool, I didn't see that. I just upgraded from the HTC Trophy.
  6. Serious Tone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I dont get it..
  7. explosive0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    This is the reason I'm seriously considering going back to my iPhone 5. This, as well as the lack of multiple volume profiles.
  8. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    This is the reason I'm seriously considering going back to my iPhone 5. This, as well as the lack of multiple volume profiles.
    i may go back to android as well, at least with androids i could hack the phone to do whatever it is i wanted without waiting for either MS or VZ to magnanimously allow a basic feature to exist
    markk132 likes this.
  9. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,194 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,519 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)
  10. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
  11. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)
    There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app

    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
    As I stated in another thread, with all due respect the evidence is pretty shaky.
    markk132 likes this.
  12. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,194 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,519 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
    Hopefully it will come soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingDarkSide View Post
    There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app
    Yes I know but they are far from perfect. Windows Phone (when activated) and iphone messaging have it built in and it works like clockwork.
  13. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingDarkSide View Post
    As I stated in another thread, with all due respect the evidence is pretty shaky.
    Multiple Verizon employees telling multiple customers that a fix is on its way? I don't see what's shaky about that (then again, wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep has lied to a customer)
  14. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Multiple Verizon employees telling multiple customers that a fix is on its way? I don't see what's shaky about that (then again, wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep has lied to a customer)
    Precisely - or "misinformed." I'd like to see something a bit more official but I suppose we shall all see sooner or later
  15. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    The fix is coming this summer. Verizon has said this publicly, not just random employees. I will continue to turn this feature off though, I absolutely hate the group threaded messages on my trophy!
    Can you kindly provide a link?
    rdubmu likes this.
  16. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,194 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,519 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingDarkSide View Post
    Precisely - or "misinformed." I'd like to see something a bit more official but I suppose we shall all see sooner or later
    The only worse than getting group messages is getting replies from group messages separately. That is why this is needed to be added.
  17. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    Dont have a link. As someone who has been obsessing over the 928 since the rumors started I have seen way too much information. This is an issue that has come up about fifty million times and I cant keep track of where exactly I have seen it but.... Going back to the 822 release this was an issue. I am sure that if this was an issue for me I could find it but I am in the anti-group text camp.
    Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.
  18. JudgeHolden's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingDarkSide View Post
    Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.
    Yup.
    All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
    Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

    Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."
    explosive0 likes this.
  19. explosive0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Switched back to my iPhone 5. Lumia 928 is boxed up and ready to go back. I go group text with family A LOT - easily 10-20 messages daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeHolden View Post
    Yup.
    All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
    Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

    Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."
  20. pechio's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    There is a GroupMe app
  21. SomethingSomethingDarkSide's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pechio View Post
    There is a GroupMe app
    GroupMe is pretty clumsly IMO - requires premeditation, which is pretty much the opposite reason why I want group MMS
  22. nunyazz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    Switched back to my iPhone 5. Lumia 928 is boxed up and ready to go back. I go group text with family A LOT - easily 10-20 messages daily.
    If I got that many group messages a day, I would change my number.. family or not. lol
    damule6666 likes this.
  23. pechio's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Is the VZ service "group MMS" limited on VZ android phones too?
  24. explosive0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunyazz View Post
    If I got that many group messages a day, I would change my number.. family or not. lol
    Hahaha. I still can't return it. I love it...but the group messaging is killing me. I'm torn here, guys.
    nunyazz likes this.
  25. antsin3d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    I hear you man, it's annoying as snot when all my iFriends start a group message and I can only respond to one of them at a time! Planning dinner is tough
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Group Messaging Issue - Please Help
    By achi21smile in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
  2. What happened to the group messaging (MMS) option?
    By slick5150 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
  3. Group Messaging not working - WP7.5 Lumia 800
    By Mattycee in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
  4. sending group messages - Problem
    By Dethzilla in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
  5. group messaging
    By asheezy in forum HTC Radar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions