No Black for Microsoft or Verizon Stores?

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon yesterday asking about the availability of the black 928. They checked their channel distribution and told me that the black will only be available from Verizon online and independent authorized retailers, at least for the near future. She told me that the Microsoft Store was not considered an independent authorized dealer because they only sell Microsoft products.
Does anyone know if this is true? I really wanted to buy the phone at the Microsoft Store because the phone is the cheapest there as well as friendly and knowledgeable staff. They offered me $50- trade-in for my Droid X (the most I was offered anywhere else was $5-). They also give you $25- for the Bing Challenge. So the net cost is $24.99. Plus they gave me 3gb additional storage for SkyDrive.
However, I don't like the white phone.

Drewkkake

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft offers a cheaper warranty than Verizon does, so I'm in the same boat. I live chatted with a Microsoft Store rep this morning, and he couldn't give me any timeline on availability of the black 928 in their stores.

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just wish I knew approx. wait time. If it was a matter of a couple of weeks, I would probably wait. If I knew it would be longer than that I would probably just get the white today

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I just wish I knew approx. wait time. If it was a matter of a couple of weeks, I would probably wait. If I knew it would be longer than that I would probably just get the white today

Well the white for Amazon is saying 2-4 weeks. Black is still unknown for them so it's probably going to be a while. MS stores will probably get it but it seems no other retailers know anything about the black model right now except VZW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon