Verizon Group Messaging Workaround?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I plan on writing the powers that be, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to get group messaging, using an app... Anyone have any recommendations?

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well you can start the group by doing a new text message and add everyone into it.

When one of the people text that was in the group it will start a new tread. If you want to reply don't text back via the new thread just stated from that last message, jump back to the group message you started and reply via that one so everyone gets it.

That's what I can think of.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
That's smart. What about when you want to see the thread all in one place though?

Replying to the group message would be okay for a little. But is there any app out there that will send/receive group SMS/MMS in a single thread.

Hopefully its not a Lumia exclusive, too, since I gave my wife my 8X.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well you can start the group by doing a new text message and add everyone into it.

When one of the people text that was in the group it will start a new tread. If you want to reply don't text back via the new thread just stated from that last message, jump back to the group message you started and reply via that one so everyone gets it.

That's what I can think of.
This isn't a solution.

OP, there's nothing as of yet =/

Eberstein

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If you call Verizon they now say that an update coming out June 13 to fix thus issue. I did it today.

I know other people have said this on the forums, but I thought I'd mention it for those unaware.

Edit: June 2013

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
When I receive a message I don't see all the other recipients the way I would on any other platform/device. So when they're all "replying to all" to coordinate, I can only reply to sender.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got a follow up call from the Verizon corporate rep who I spoke with in March about group texting on my 8x (before I broke it). Apparently group messaging wasnt working properly on VZW's network, so they disabled it until they got it working properly. They are releasing an update for Windows Phone 8 by the end of July that will re-enable it.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Lol they keep pushing it back. Time to switch carriers.

Actually, the rep that followed up with me originally told me they were targetting the end of June through the end of July for the update. Seems like it was finally confirmed internally and he was able to call and let me know.

Berkley Todd

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Download the app GroupMe. Works great! I use it all the time.

This! I too am very frustrated by Verizon disabling this feature as I used it a lot, but groupme fills the void nicely, at least for now. It's available on all platforms, so just get your friends to download it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05