Worth getting the phone?

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth getting the 928. I played with it, its just a blown up version of my 8x. But, don't get me wrong, I like the extra bulkiness. Opinions and reviews from people who already have the phone. Should I just save my upgrade and keep my 8x until another release or try it out?
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly that depends.

The Nokia 928 has these over the 8X:
Nokia Exclusive apps like Drive and City Lens
Clearback screen
Super Sensitive Screen
0.2" larger screen
Slightly larger better
32GB internal storage
Nokia Pureview Camera
Optical Image Stabilization
Will get more features with the GDR2 update, "Amber" for Lumias
Seems to have a handful more pixels

The AMOLED I suppose is up in the air, supposed to use less power.

Both have wireless charging (8X only on VZW for that feature)
Both have the same CPU and CPU

The HTC has Beats Audio and slightly higher PPI on the screen

Just have to weigh in if those are worth it, or save the upgrade for a better one in the future. The sales rep that sold me the 928 didn't know about the Super Sensitive screen or Clearback on the 928, he had the 8X, and seemed impressed with the phone compared to his.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Verizon isn't likely to get any new windows phones for a while, even with new releases from nokia. New EOS is rumored to release in about 4-6 months from now for ATT and won't likely be on Verizon for another 6 months. So if you are a diehard windows phone fan and have an upgrade available I say use it for the increased storage, camera capabilities, nokia apps on the 928.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I went from the 8x to the 928, but was able to use an company upgrade
(we have a lot of extras so I can always upgrade when the next one comes out) so I didn't have to pay full retail absolutely love it, but I don't think I would have made the switch at $500. The 8x is a great phone, and while there are some nice Lumia exclusives, the gap is nowhere near what it was when I got my 8x at launch. Given that you seem to have an upgrade, I'd probably just wait and see what is coming next so you don't get locked in to 2 year contract.

928 PROS:
Camera (though the 8x takes pretty good pictures)
Nokia exclusives (not as big a deal anymore - HERE applications are pretty much the same now for the 8x as for 928)
FM radio when GDR2 is released
Battery Life seems to be better
More storage
Build quality is outstanding
Manufacturer support

8x PROS
Beats Audio makes the 8x the best phone I've ever heard (truly miss this)
Slim design

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The camera alone on the 928 in my opinion is worth the upgrade but if photos aren't important then stick with the 8X.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you "need" it, get it. The GDR2 update should bring new WPs though, so......

I love my 8X with its awesome screen and audio (Yay Beats!!!).. I'd wait.

I am digging the aluminum on that 925, and hmmm.. May eat my words after I see pricing. But, it needs to be frickin awesome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers