Lightning Bolt and Gear on startup.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My phone was doing some weird things. I wasnt able to go back and my volume would only stay at 30, so i turned off my phone and tried to turn it back on, now it just shows a lightning bolt and gear when it's turned on. I've tried the soft reboot ( vol down + power ) with no luck every time it does this. Any way i can fix this?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone was doing some weird things. I wasnt able to go back and my volume would only stay at 30, so i turned off my phone and tried to turn it back on, now it just shows a lightning bolt and gear when it's turned on. I've tried the soft reboot ( vol down + power ) with no luck every time it does this. Any way i can fix this?
O shi$...i think you have tthe worst situation possible...you bricked the phone...BUT just let the battery die and recharge and hope for the best...if not you may have to get a new one

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea, ive tried that too. How did I brick my phone? Looks like i have to go deal with verizon tomorrow. This is the 2nd Lumia 928 we've been through my GF's first one was DOA.

This make me so nervous.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
well i just gave it another charge from dead battery and it turned itself on. I still cant turn the volume down I'll take it to the store tomorrow and see what's up maybe i can trade it in for a black one =D

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i think that you're right, when ever i unlock the screen the volume bar is there, and never goes away. Sooo annoying at least i can use it now. I was on vacation all weekend and i could never get it to turn on. I know if i shut it down again it wont turn on. I may do it just so the guy at the store has no idea what's going on. I didnt get protection on the phone, i feel like i should now.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i think that you're right, when ever i unlock the screen the volume bar is there, and never goes away. Sooo annoying at least i can use it now. I was on vacation all weekend and i could never get it to turn on. I know if i shut it down again it wont turn on. I may do it just so the guy at the store has no idea what's going on. I didnt get protection on the phone, i feel like i should now.

ya its always a good thing to get the protection but (on at&t at least) you get 1 year warranty for any software damage which this is. I'm not sure if this is true on Verizon you should check it out

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I would say if your volume is staying full blast and comes up every time you unlock the phone you just have a jammed button. Get another phone. Or fix it if you have the tools and expertise. To get it into flash mode all you do is turn it on and hold up on the volume. Sound like what it is doing?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
yep this is 100% what it's doing. There is no way im going to take this thing apart when its less then 14 days old. They will exchange it for me, and i will add protection on both of them. I was told i had 30 days to purchase the extened protection.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just an update, got it exchanged no problem. One of the verizon reps had a 928, said he loved it and was talking to everyone about it. We even tried to convince the couple next to me to get it rather then the S4, they were worried about the battery life on the s4 and i said I have been happy with the 928s. They still ended up going with the S4, with a portable charger ended up spending like 500 after trading in their S3's .

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how did you get it to a dead battery because I am having the same exact problem

Just leave it on.... and when it shuts off, turn it on again, keep doing that till it wont turn on again, then let it sit for a day...that should do a full drain of the battery...

With this being said, All 928's are underwarranty right now...unless you dropped it or went for a swim with it. You might be better off just swapping it at verizon or sending it into repair at nokia.com (they will even pay for shipping)

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If your problem was the same as mine " the volume up was stuck" you can hold volume down the camera button and the power button until you feel it vibrate then keep the volume down and camera depressed until you feel it vibrate again and it should turn on. You will still have the volume issue i had but it will work until you can get it exchanged.

hggyvyg

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
What was wrong with it did they say? Because I'm having the exact same problem and I can't use the back button but my phone is nearly a year old no warrenty or anything idk what it do!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05