Big Android News (SG4 first AWS Phone on Verizon), but actually Lumia 928 First

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So, not sure if everyone saw the Bloomberg piece about the Galaxy 4 to be the first Verizon phone capable of working on the new AWS LTE network, but according to the specs on my Lumia 928, it is the first phone to have that capability (essentially LTE Band IV).

It is this type of reporting that indicates where WP and the Lumia brand actually stand in the eyes of the tech press. So very frustrating.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what I'm missing here

"Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. wireless carrier, began selling two phones this month that can take advantage of the company’s next network upgrade, which promises to more than double Internet speeds.
Nokia Oyj (NOK1V)’s Lumia 928, which went on sale this month, and Samsung Electronics Co. (005930)’s Galaxy S4, which debuted last week, are the first phones built with components that let them work on Verizon’s Advanced Wireless Service airwaves, said Tom Pica, a spokesman for the Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based carrier."

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what I'm missing here

"Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. wireless carrier, began selling two phones this month that can take advantage of the company?s next network upgrade, which promises to more than double Internet speeds.
Nokia Oyj (NOK1V)?s Lumia 928, which went on sale this month, and Samsung Electronics Co. (005930)?s Galaxy S4, which debuted last week, are the first phones built with components that let them work on Verizon?s Advanced Wireless Service airwaves, said Tom Pica, a spokesman for the Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based carrier."

Was not the original story. A commenter pointed out that the 928 was first and the author updated after contacting Verizon. Look at the webpage name, that was the original title.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb