slow charging

CCoutret

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The charger provided with the 928 is pretty darn slow. Is there something that will safely give the phone a quicker charge. I know that Apple provides a more powerful USB charger for the iPad so I know such things exist. Any reason to avoid using something like this? Any charger suggestions?

Thanks!

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The wireless charging pad from Nokia works extremely fast with this phone. The 928 charges as fast as the GS4 or iPhone 5 which is a big change from how slow the Lumia 920 used to charge on the same pad. I've noticed that the USB cable method is a good bit slower myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i find the usb charger is somewhat slower with laptop usb port. And also the phone can drain way faster than its fastest charge.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
From about 20% to full charge it takes 75 minuets for mine to charge.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you 'supercharge' a Nokia Lumia 920 with wireless and wired charging? | Windows Phone Central
Turns out that I remember wrong - wired charging is faster than wireless. But, this article says using a high-powered wired charger. The question is, "How many of us are using high-powered wired chargers?" The article doesn't say whether the wireless puts out more than the lower-powered chargers. Of course, depending on how you read it, it may, but I think the article is too vague to really give a good answer.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my 928 for about 5 weeks now and I am still experiencing relatively slow charging. It takes about 3 hours to charge from 15-20% to full and it is really starting to irritate me. I am using the stock Nokia charger and plugging it into the wall outlet. On top of that, today I put the phone on the charger when it had about 3-5% battery left and it has taken 5 hours to charge (I placed the phone on the charger before bed and awoke to see it is still charging)......should I swap it out?

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Something is wrong... my phone doesn't take even close to that long. Maybe try it with a different charge method to make sure it isn't your phone.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I used my old HTC charger and the phone charged from 9% to full in about 2 hours. That means something is wrong with the stock Nokia charger.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an old standard USB charger for my BlackBerry PlayBook that is designed to charge the relatively large PlayBook battery fairly quickly and it REALLY speeds through a charge.

From my experience, using a standard USB cable with a USB plug-in adapter will ALWAY run slow. I believe that USB cable limits the power that can be delivered. In my car, I have a DC adapter that I plug in to the lighter and it has two options: one, is a hardwired connection to the adapter and the second is a USB slot for a separate USB cable. Using the hardwired cable allows the phone to charge MUCH faster than using the USB cable plugged into the slot. I would look for a hardwired charger for home and the car and you will be pleased.

Jimmy Williams

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
The charger provided with the 928 is pretty darn slow. Is there something that will safely give the phone a quicker charge. I know that Apple provides a more powerful USB charger for the iPad so I know such things exist. Any reason to avoid using something like this? Any charger suggestions?

Thanks!

Look for a charger that has an output of 5v and 1 or 2 amps. The lower the amperage the slower that charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prestionmarsh