Capacitive button manufacturing defect gone yet?

jamsesh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone purchased a 928 recently and not had the issue with the "goopy" capacitive buttons? I'm curious if Nokia's quality team has a fix in place yet so we don't have the same issues people were having with the "first round" of devices.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have mine out for repair because wireless charging was not working (sent directly to Nokia) and notied about the ugly buttons. Maybe I will get a good one back.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine is less than a week old and has ugly buttons. I need to get it replaced but hate starting over and redoing my start screen and stuff again :(

jamsesh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all! Maybe I'll wait another month or so. It would be nice to snag one for an awesome price online with some confidence that I won't go down the complicated path of online returns/replacements.

gebby_

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel like an old man who complains about everything, haha....anyway, I just finished typing a letter to Nokia, Microsoft and Verizon about the 928. Hopefully it gets to someone who has a little importance.....probably not

el_bori1

Oct 31, 2007
Visit site
I got mine on Monday evening, it does not have the issue.

Where did you bought yours? I bought 2 white versions at a local Verizon store and they both had the problem with the buttons. Bought the black version from Amazon and I'm already on my second replacement with the same issue. Hopefully the new one that's coming doesn't have any issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone buy a phone recently? I went to a Microsoft Store and every floor model has the gunky look to the buttons when back lit. To see the buttons light up in the store, simply flip the phone so the screen is facing close to the dark wood table top and hit the power button. Then flip it up so you can see the buttons light up. I'm still patiently waiting for the issue to resolve.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone buy a phone recently? I went to a Microsoft Store and every floor model has the gunky look to the buttons when back lit. To see the buttons light up in the store, simply flip the phone so the screen is facing close to the dark wood table top and hit the power button. Then flip it up so you can see the buttons light up. I'm still patiently waiting for the issue to resolve.

Is it wrong to assume those floor models are the same ones that were there at launch? That's what I'd assume, but I also have no idea...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting patiently with ya, man. It may be good to go into the Microsoft store that you were at and tell them to get the defective phones off of the display floor and put out ones that are presentable.

Sadly, I think that the vast majority of the 928's that have been released thus far have this deffect. Let's hope Nokia has fixed their manufacturing process.

GrabMyWrist

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Just got a new one from Amazon on Friday. It has the issue. That said, it doesn't bother me at all.

jackmckenzie5

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a while 928 from NewEgg on Sunday, and their inventory is completely depleted. They said they get shipments daily, so when they get a new batch and I eventually get mine, I'll update on whether it still has the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077