Question for users who have swapped 928's

GrabMyWrist

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
What's the process to swap phones when you receive a new one? Do you take out your existing SIM and put it in the new phone before or after contacting Verizon or doing an online swap?

Has anyone swapped phones using the online process with success?

TIA!

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What's the process to swap phones when you receive a new one? Do you take out your existing SIM and put it in the new phone before or after contacting Verizon or doing an online swap?

Has anyone swapped phones using the online process with success?

TIA!

I'll be curious to know too. I'm switching from an 822 to a 928 as soon as Newegg decides to send it to me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've swapped twice, but both times in the Microsoft Store. I don't think they did anything other than swap out the SIM, AFAIK from Verizon's perspective. Of course they scanned the barcode and gave me a new receipt (with the new IMEI number on the receipt), but they didn't pull out their special "Verizon" laptop to make any changes to my account, at least not that I saw. If I was getting a phone in the mail, I think the first thing I'd do is swap out the SIM and do the startup process, and see if that's all it takes. Worst thing that can happen that way is that it says there's no signal available.

Be ready to connect to WiFi as soon as you get to the start screen if you're doing a restore, because otherwise you could burn through a lot of your data plan as it downloads and installs apps. Last time I did this it took 1.7GB of WiFi (looking at DataSense afterward).

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I did mine online @ vzw.com. I log into my account and go to "Activate device" and put in your new IMEI number and make sure you switch off your old phone and take out your SIM card. The online wizard will tell you when to put in the SIM to the new device and power it up for activation.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to do anything besides swapping SIM cards. I have a 8x and a 928, and to swap between them all I had to do is swap the card. Even calling Verizon the guy knew I was on a 928 (even showed online 5 min after swapping the card)

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to do anything besides swapping SIM cards. I have a 8x and a 928, and to swap between them all I had to do is swap the card. Even calling Verizon the guy knew I was on a 928 (even showed online 5 min after swapping the card)
Same experience here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720