928 survived water immersion!!

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So I was cleaning the pool yesterday and had my 928 with the Verizon Silicon case on it in my leather hip pouch. I leaned down to take the pool cleaner out and the next thing I know, the pouch with my phone in it is sinking into the pool! I pulled it out somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds of it falling in and immediately ran into the house, dried it off with paper towel and used and airblower to get all the water out and then threw it into a bag of uncooked white rice for a few hours. Much to my amazement, the phone works perfectly!!! Even the speakers, headphones and mics. Nokia deserves much Kudos to their design! Although I am guessing that I pulled it out before the surface tension inside the case broke which kept most of the water out of the mic and speaker holes. The silicone case probably helped with that. I thought for sure I would be paying the $99 deductible to Asurion just to get a refurb!!! I did notice some moisture inside the camera lens, but another hour in the rice seemed to get rid of it. Just for good measure, I let it sit in the rice overnight. Seems to be no harm done at this point.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Quick reaction and thinking on your part. Though it's good to know the phone could take a quick dunking and survive unscathed for the most part.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear! A buddy of mine dropped his 920 in my hot tub and same thing. He took it home, dried it out as best as he could, then left it off in a bag of rice overnight. It's still working fine as of a couple months later. Hopefully I won't have to try this first hand with my 928!

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Fast thinking saves (phone) lives. :) My 928 took its first spill Saturday as a friend came up from behind and swatted my arm (I don't think she knew I was holding a phone). Fell face-first onto the pavement. Didn't leave even the smalled scratch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos