Would the 928 work on CDMA Straight Talk?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping I could purchase a used 928 on Craigslist and use it on the Verizon network (without the contract lol). I know I wouldn't get LTE, but even Verizon's 3g speeds would be great.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You can totally do this. Service should be around $60 depending on data choice with an activation fee. See Verizon's website for off contract terms and conditions.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
You can totally do this. Service should be around $60 depending on data choice with an activation fee. See Verizon's website for off contract terms and conditions.

So I could put this on Straight Talk CDMA, and get "unlimited" data (whatever Verizon's data limit is), unlimited talk, and unlimited texting? Basically, the exact same thing I have right now on ATT Straight Talk GSM?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, they only have BYOD for T-Mobile at this minute, unless you get a ATT sim off of eBay.

They have BYOD for CDMA phones as well. You can get a phone for Sprint or Verizon, and the code on the side of the phone will tell you if it is Verizon or Sprint. They have a BYOD kit (without the phone) that I saw at Walmart yesterday (which is what made me think of switching from the 920 to the 928).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon