Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Looks like Microsoft and/or Nokia is putting the hammer down for this one!

Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Newegg.com Wireless Store
    Deuce
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Well... it's $49.99 through Verizon. 3rd parties usually undercut carriers by $50 or more.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

i'd be all over that if I didn't have unlimited data
    11B1P likes this.

I think this is a bullsh!t website. When I try to go through with purchase I get a certificate error and "mobile.cellstores.com" shows in the address bar. I was not aware Newegg even had a "wireless" subdomain site.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    I think this is a bullsh!t website. When I try to go through with purchase I get a certificate error and "mobile.cellstores.com" shows in the address bar. I was not aware Newegg even had a "wireless" subdomain site.
    It looks like it really is a Newegg deal. You can double check by going to Newegg itself, then clicking on Cell Phones then look for the 928 on Verizon. You'll end up on that wireless subdomain site....

Quote Originally Posted by b23h View Post
    It looks like it really is a Newegg deal. You can double check by going to Newegg itself, then clicking on Cell Phones then look for the 928 on Verizon. You'll end up on that wireless subdomain site....
    Weird, can't seem to access from phone. I'll try on my desktop then. I was just about to take advantage of $49.99 deal with Verizon for my girlfriend, so this would be even better!

Eeeee, 2 year contracts. :-)

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    Wow, this is insane. $9.99...
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Seems to be for new Verizon account only.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Seems to be for new Verizon account only.
    I changed the option to upgrade my device, added to cart and it's still showing 9.99.
    Don't you still get the $25 credit to the WP store through next week too? So aren't you technically making $ from this deal?

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce01 View Post
    Looks like Microsoft and/or Nokia is putting the hammer down for this one!

Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Newegg.com Wireless Store
    Not really. 3rd party cell stores (newegg, amazon) always cut the carrier by a few dollars, sometimes more than a few.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanj View Post
    Don't you still get the $25 credit to the WP store through next week too? So aren't you technically making $ from this deal?
    Yep. I think that offer still runs through the 23rd.

Huh, of course. I just got mine on Monday for the $29.99 from Newegg. Still a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by maevinj View Post
    I changed the option to upgrade my device, added to cart and it's still showing 9.99.
    Nice!

I have a question, if I get one of these and it has some of the known issues with the 928, would I still be able to take it into the Verizon store for exchange? Or would I have to work with Newegg?
    nufan947 likes this.
    Newegg has always sold phones... It's definitely legit.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg

All these sales like this and the one at Verizon are scaring me because I'm afraid its not selling well (supple and demand)

Quote Originally Posted by raul_junior View Post
    All these sales like this and the one at Verizon are scaring me because I'm afraid its not selling well (supple and demand)
    It's been reported that it was the third best selling phone at Verizon for May (I think??) behind iPhone 5 and GS4, so I think it is probably selling pretty well. Also I think the sale is to give it an extra push to hopefully overtake the GS4 for the number two spot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by nufan947 View Post
    It's been reported that it was the third best selling phone at Verizon for May (I think??) behind iPhone 5 and GS4, so I think it is probably selling pretty well. Also I think the sale is to give it an extra push to hopefully overtake the GS4 for the number two spot.

that could be true and good news, but It could also be bad news, both the gs4 and iPhone 5 are high end phones the only real other competitors are the 928 and the Droid razr, but most people who buy high end are usually gonna go for the most popular which is the gs4 and iPhone 5 so it could be like gs4 and iPhone 5 selling each 10 million while 928 selling 2 million and all others selling less...if that makes sense lol
    sravanv and nufan947 like this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    That's a good point, and unfortunately, likely the case :(. If it were selling really well they would not have set up a promotion like this. Although that doesn't mean that it's selling poorly...

Quote Originally Posted by raul_junior View Post
    that could be true and good news, but It could also be bad news, both the gs4 and iPhone 5 are high end phones the only real other competitors are the 928 and the Droid razr, but most people who buy high end are usually gonna go for the most popular which is the gs4 and iPhone 5 so it could be like gs4 and iPhone 5 selling each 10 million while 928 selling 2 million and all others selling less...if that makes sense lol
    Makes total sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when more numbers come out after more time has passed! For what it's worth, the Z10 was never in the top 3.

Also, HTC One coming to Verizon could be a road block....

That's pretty awesome. If I hadn't just gotten an 822 less than half a year ago, or if the off-contract phone had a sale, I would love to get this phone! (and I somehow doubt that I'm the only one in this situation... haha)
    11B1P likes this.

yup but hopefully the lumia 521 is selling well on HSN and tmobile because it only really seems to be going out of stock at walmart and amazon and not so much HSN and on HSN its listed as a hot device so maybe thats a good sign

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Most website sales outside of the carriers are via third party vendors with whom the website has a relationship. There is nothing questionable about it at all. It is quite legitimate even if you are not really buying directly from the company itself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast