Nokia 928 Facebook Sharing on Friends timelines?

Kati Horvath

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I've had this Nokia 928 for a week, mostly I love it!:love: However, I have found 2 things that bug me at the moment and I'm not sure if they are "deal breakers" ~ and I will return to my Android... (hoping someone here will be able to help!):smile:
Anyway ~ Has anyone found that you can only share a post that you like to your own timeline on facebook? Am I missing something that would enable me to share to a friend or group timeline? It was a simple click on my Android, but I've tried several work arounds and it doesn't seem like there's a way to do it?
Also... Sharing and making an "album" to share on facebook - everything seems to default to "mobile uploads" ~ again,,, I did have this function on my android and I used/use it quite a bit. One of the things that sold me on the Nokia 928 was the quality of the pictures, and I've been thrilled with the camera.. I just am hoping that someone know the answers to steer me in the right direction through either an app or settings that I may have missed.
Thank you.. thank you!!:smile:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Great to know you like the 928.

You can try out the following
In the Me Hub, when you click on Post an update, there is a drop down where you can share with Friends or Use your profile specific settings. If you want specifically see more info, you can go to the people hub, click on any contact and tweet or share an update with them.

Regarding the photos, I guess it uploads to the default location. I might not know the solution to that.

Kati Horvath

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestion, I gave it a shot, and perhaps I'm not following... but lets say I saw a post that I wanted to share ~ do I need to save it to my phone and then find the contact and then try and share it? Please forgive this newbies unsureness! :smile:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ohh, I get it now, I haven't yet found a solution for this, maybe someone else can also drop in on this,
No it is not possible to share something by long pressing or going into a post. You might need to use the Facebook app for that which is very useful.

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

However you can share pictures, videos, links inside the posts. For e.g. If a friend posted an interesting link, clicking on that link will take me to IE from which I have a share page from the popup menu below. I know this is a slightly tedious, you will have these in every OS.

I have a silly and comic explanation about the whole windows phone sharing, it works if you want to share your thoughts, feelings with the world and not share what others have felt or thought.

The WpCentral forums are very vast you can find everything from apps, tweaks , update related stuff and even developer help. I hope you enjoy your device. (damn, I really should stop writing long posts)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12