HELP! Lumia 928 Freezes / Locks up multipe time per day.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be an issue with amber, my parents phones are locking up, post amber. They are going to return them soon if I can't find a fix 😐

davidmavila

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm a tester for Mobile devices and had a Nokia Lumia 822 with the same issue returned it and got an upgrade to Lumia 928 and after one week my phone has been LOCKING UP too.
All you can do it take photos and see all your missed texts and calls. I can't turn it off the tuen your phone off screen will come down half way and go a little dim no amount of clicking the screen or swiping it or holding the power button with other buttons will get it out of this state.
Nor removing the SIMM card will help.
letting the phone completely die and charging the phone back again is the only way around this.
It has nothing to do with "Find my Phone" app or Amber notices.
It's a BUG in the OS software

David Avila
Mobile Device Tester QA

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
davidmavila - When your phone locks up next time, press down on the power button and volume down rocker simultaneously and then hold for 10+ seconds. Eventually the phone will vibrate and then reboot itself.

Everyone - For what it's worth I was having my phone lock up such that the touch screen would not respond to any input. The buttons would still make the phone respond. Volume down and Power button reset would always get me back up and running and then a few days later it would lock up. I reported this problem to Nokia Care's twitter account and got absolutely nowhere so I took matters into my own hands and started a debugging method of changing one thing at a time and waiting a week to see if the behavior stopped. What has been working for me now for over a month is turning OFF "Double Tap to Wake." This feature was new with Nokia Amber and I think most people turned this feature on when they got the Amber update. Since turning it off my phone has gone from locking up every couple of days to now over a month of use without ever locking up.

Ed Rayman

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
NO MJPERRY, we just want damn phone that works like it suppose to, contracted to, and agreed on.
THAT'S WHAT. Don't want your crappy question of how much do we want to pay. We pay thru the nose for service and such to pay for the phone.
Not one of the companies involved with phone will listen to our complaints. This is the biggest issue.
Maybe you have an answer for us with smart *** comments.
I have two of these phones with same issue that has been replaced and end up with the same issue.
No apps on mine other than what came with the phone. So what's your high cost excuse now?
You get what you pay for? Gheez. I bargained for a supposedly good name brand phone.
Neither Nokia, Verizon, or Microsoft will returns emails to address this as to just sweep it under the rug and hope people forget about it.
No way, not with me. My last Nokia. They just don't care.

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Did your 928 ever get fixed? My wife got a 928 and it has frozen and lags a lot. Any fixes? Please let me know if anyone has found and answer to this problem.

John Miller20

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I started having the same problem a few weeks ago. It started off just once a day but ended up being dozens of times a day. It also got very hot. I took my phone to my local VZW store and they replaced the SIM. It's been perfect ever since. Perhaps you could try removing the SIM, do a soft reset, turn phone off, reinsert SIM and see how it behaves. If it's still flakey, have your VZW store replace the SIM (free if still in 1-yr warranty period).

The employee said replacing the SIM is always the first thing they are meant to try before refering issues to their tech department. The second thing is a hard reset.

I'm very happy and surprised that this solved the problem (for me, at least). I haven't seen this fix posted anywhere else.

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Two weeks old? Did you buy it brand new and can it be returned? My advice is to return it and pick something else. My 928 purchase finally snuck up and stung me and I got into the dreaded crappy refurb shuffle with both Nokia and Verizon over it. The device should be avoided.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans