Nokia 928 Power Button Almost Flush

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's just yours. My power button sits relatively high from the "case". Very easy to find, with strong feedback.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My button sticks out its definitely not flush. I would return the device for another one and compare it to the display model.

yancyv8

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Update: Went back to check the display model. The difference was not all that pronounced.

Mine feels the same way, it feels almost flush and I sometimes miss it, don't press it, or I hit the volume down button ALL the time. I think getting a case with extra buttong instead of a case that leaves it open will fix it. I have a full body ghost armor on and I love it though so I think I can deal with the power button. I like my phones to have the same stock look rather than a case on it.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 1st 928 had that flush button issue after about a week of using it. It was as tall as the volume button then after use it got lower & lower. I swapped it out for a new one because of that issue, a gap between the frame & glass on the left side of the screen(it was as wide as a business card) & the vibration rattle. The new replacement phone has all but the glass issue but also has the creaking & gunky button issue. I'm going to possibly sell it & jump to AT&T for the EOS...

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also almost flush.

On the contrary, the camera button sticks out quite some ways, I'd even say double the power button at least.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Great topic, I was just noticing how mine definitely seems more indented than when I first got it. It feels a little more flush to the case than I remember.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is almost flush and I love it. I never have to worry about an accidental press. It doesn't make it any more difficult to use when necessary either. No complaint here.

altimax

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is by design so you don't accidently hit the power button and the screen on. The camera button is obviously higher because you have to half press it to focus the shot before you take the pic. I had the same issue, and ordered a replacement, but the replacement phone was exactly the same. I've found that after a while you get used to it.

I've also noticed that the button is not located in the center of the side of the phone, but rather, more towards the top, who initially threw me off because I would aim for the center of the side. That's just me though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit