- 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM #1
I will be in Thailand in a couple of months for 1 - 2 weeks and I'd like to be able to use my 928 for both calls back to the U.S. and some data. Anyone have any good tips or suggestions on doing this? Buy a prepaid SIM? Forget it and leave it at home and buy a throw-away in Thailand?
Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.
- 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM #3
06-26-2013, 10:15 PM #4
- 25 Posts
I've been exploring the same issues for a European trip I'm planning. It looks to me like many of the prepaids you order over the internet cost as much or more than just getting VZW's International option: $30/for reduced per minute phone cost and 100mb of data. Additional data is $25/100mb. It looks like the cheapest option is to get a SIM on location. In Europe it looks to be about $15/2 gig of 3g data. I think I may take out the VZW International plan before I leave so I have the basics covered. Then, I'll buy a SIM on location for data and use Skype for calling.
06-27-2013, 12:26 AM #5
- 145 Posts
I live in Thailand. The band using here is 800 900 1800 2100. If your phone is unlocked, you should be fine here.
For the prepaid SIM you would pay something like $14 for 250 minutes local call and 1GB of Mobile Data (3G).
If you want 2GB you would pay $20 instead and have 400 minutes local call that you might never use.
To call to US you would pay around $0.1 per minute.
There are 3 providers here but I think they have similar pricing. Oh and I think you will have to pay for the SIM as well, couple buck maybe. Hope this help.
- By v10type-r in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 10Last Post: 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM
- By mark1914 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 07-14-2013, 03:42 AM
- By bashbaliga in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 26Last Post: 07-11-2013, 08:59 PM
- By Tony_Offends_U in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
- By DBDev in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 3Last Post: 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM