Can't play music through headphones - doesn't detect!

vttym

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I hop into my car and plug a cable into the headphone jack of my 928 that allows for music to play through the tape deck. This has worked without issue since I got the phone, but for whatever reason, it just played the podcast through the phone speakers - it was not detecting the plugged in cord at all.

Thinking it was maybe a defective cord, I shrugged it off, but this morning at work, I cannot plug my normal headphones in either - it still plays through the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any recourse? (I'm very glad I just picked up the $1.99/month extended warranty from Verizon last night, as it seems I might be putting it to use).

vttym

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I should add that I've tried rebooting the phone, but it does not do anything. I've ensured both headphone connectors are inserted fully, and even sprayed compressed air into the hole in case something maybe got lodged in, but none of that has resolved the issue.

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
One time my 920 only played sound on one ear of the headphones and a soft reset fixed it. ( press and hold both volume down and power button until the phone vibrates)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa