Getting "call back XXXXXXXX" on the bottom of texts...

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
But not from everyone? Has anyone else got this. I don't see a setting in the messaging app. I'd like to get rid of it if I can. Thanks for looking.

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I seem to only get that from people with non-smartphones or non iPhones since all my friends have iPhones so I'm not sure about android or windows phone. (I have the 8x btw)

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It appears maybe the number shows for people with muliple phone numbers but that's not always the case. I don't see a number for iphones. Friends with Andriod phones...it's hit and miss. One buddy on an Android and only one number....I see his number on the texts. Another buddy, I don't see a number. I wonder if it has to do with how the contact was set up? If it comes through FB, outlook, or manually entered into the phone... Shouldn't matter but... <shrug>

Looks like RapidTurtle figured it out....

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a setting people have to turn off from the phone that sends the text message, not something that has to do with your phone. Usually feauture phones, but some smartphones. It's should be under SMS settings "Show Call Back Number" or something similar

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Both are feature phones now that it was mentioned. I'll just live with it. Don't want to try to talk my mom and mother-in-law through making a change like that. heheh

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's primarily a feature phone "feature" and on Verizon. It is also apparently something they can enable your phone to receive...the Trophy didn't use to show it and then after one of the updates it did.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Oddly enough, when I had my Kin Onem before I upgraded, texts from my mom (who has a feature phone) didn't have the CB # signature. I only started to get the CB # signatures after I upgraded to a 928. I agree, it's probably not a bug or a setting, just something that they need to change on their end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo