question about the lumia 928's HAAC mics and as compared to the 920 and 925

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Some sites I read the 920 has 2 HAACs and some say 3. I believe the 928 has 3. I see two little pin hole looking dots in the body of my new 928 (top and upper part of the back) so I would assume those are 2 of the 3 mics. Where's the 3rd? The one you speak into? Also, how many mics do the 920 and 925 have?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^^ Lumia 520/521 does NOT have any HAAC mic thats why it's priced cheaper(apart from non-CB display, missing rear flash, Dolby sound support and front facing camera)

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
is under the home key where the second mic for the 920 is also? or by bottom do you mean the underside where the speakers and microusb port are located?

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
not to hijack but does anyone have a good idea on how to clean the mic holes? its possible something like dried beer :shocked: may be clogging the one on the back. I've thought of pushing a pin in there but not sure if that would be a good idea.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
is under the home key where the second mic for the 920 is also? or by bottom do you mean the underside where the speakers and microusb port are located?
For the 920 there is no mic under the home key, the main mic is on the bottom end of the phone where the speaker is ported.

not to hijack but does anyone have a good idea on how to clean the mic holes? its possible something like dried beer :shocked: may be clogging the one on the back. I've thought of pushing a pin in there but not sure if that would be a good idea.
If you do not insert the pin far enough to hit the microphone you might be ok but it is pretty close. You could try to dislodge it and somehow vacuum the piece back out, pressing it deeper into the phone will not work because there is a mesh inside that keeps dust from getting to the microphone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am quite certain the 920 only has 2 microphones (top and bottom), while the 928 has 3 (top, back surface near top, front under home key)
Nokia Lumia 920 “HAAC” Rich Recording microphones confirmed - SlashGear
Three mics.

compressed air with a finer straw?
Compressed air might push the foreign matter in further, or cause damage. You're better off using a vacuum, though even that could cause damage if not done carefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05