Home Button yellow residue getting better?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I got my Lumia 928 the day it came out and my home button had the yellow residue covering about 80% of it.

Currently, only about 30% of the home button has the yellow residue now. It has slowly disappeared over time, and in a month or two it looks like it's going to be completely gone. I don't know if this is from vibration or something, but I'm very surprised to see that it's slowly going away.

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my Lumia 928 the day it came out and my home button had the yellow residue covering about 80% of it.

Currently, only about 30% of the home button has the yellow residue now. It has slowly disappeared over time, and in a month or two it looks like it's going to be completely gone. I don't know if this is from vibration or something, but I'm very surprised to see that it's slowly going away.

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this?

Omg, but I thought that yellowness of the capacitive buttons was an intentionally designed low light solution according to Nokia.

What about the goopiness of the buttons? Is that getting better at all?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Omg, but I thought that yellowness of the capacitive buttons was an intentionally designed low light solution according to Nokia.

What about the goopiness of the buttons? Is that getting better at all?

That is what I'm referring to. The yellow light is a result of the LED lights shining through the "goop".

The windows logo is made up of 4 squares. When I got my phone, 3 of the 4 squares were covered in "goop". Now, the entire two squares to the right side are completely cleaned of the goopiness. The goop is slowly disappearing.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That is what I'm referring to. The yellow light is a result of the LED lights shining through the "goop".

The windows logo is made up of 4 squares. When I got my phone, 3 of the 4 squares were covered in "goop". Now, the entire two squares to the right side are completely cleaned of the goopiness. The goop is slowly disappearing.

The "goop" that I'm talking about is actually the splotchy looking stuff on the button. There are instances of white buttons that have this goop. For example, see the picture in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...me-soft-key-looks-terrible-when-back-lit.html

That's great that your phone's capacitive buttons are getting a healthier color. So are you saying that your buttons had the splotches there and now do not?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The "goop" that I'm talking about is actually the splotchy looking stuff on the button. There are instances of white buttons that have this goop. For example, see the picture in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...me-soft-key-looks-terrible-when-back-lit.html

That's great that your phone's capacitive buttons are getting a healthier color. So are you saying that your buttons had the splotches there and now do not?

My home button looks like the one in the picture in that thread. The splotches on my home button are completely gone from the right side of my button, and the left side is getting better and better as time goes on.

In a couple months, the splotches should be completely gone. :)

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Could you post a picture? I am glad to hear that the goop is going away. Hopefully this means all of the 928s that have this issue will see it go away over time.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
That's awesome news! I have a blotchy button but also a few other problems so I'm exhanging my device, but it's good to know that it might go away regardless.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the case for me sadly. The splotches are still the same as when I bought the phone about a month and a half ago

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
mine wasn't "blotchy" or dirty looking, but the buttons are definitely unevenly backlit. from left to right the buttons get brighter, so the home button is half dimmer and half brighter, while the back arrow is really dim and the search button is as bright as they should all be. my phone's vibrate rattles a bit but i always turn vibrate off, either way while i'm in the grace period i'm going to exchange it for another. at first it didn't bother me, but after comparing to my friend's whose device has none of these problems, it was noticeable how much nicer and brighter his looked and mine looks defective. i'll be in touch with amazon today to ship me another.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had my white 928 for two weeks and the button seems to be improving. I also have rattly vibrate but had such a terrible experience the two times I tried going to Verizon to exchange I'm just keeping this device. If any problems get worse or new ones come up, I'll send to Nokia or exchange under warranty.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
amazon must have an old batch that's hit or miss because i've gotten two ugly phones in a row (my buddy got a good one from them, ordered at the same time). one without gunk but the back light is clearly uneven. from left to right the buttons get brighter. back arrow is very dull, home button is half and half, and search button is really bright (probably how they should all be). the replacement's buttons came looking like someone's yellow stained smoker's teeth and with gunk. exchanging again until i get one i'm happy with.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
so on the third try i got one i'm happy with! 3rd time's the charm. evenly lit, non gunky, white-ish ever so slightly off-white hue and normal non-rattley vibration! will activate it today and send my current one back.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
so on the third try i got one i'm happy with! 3rd time's the charm. evenly lit, non gunky, white-ish ever so slightly off-white hue and normal non-rattley vibration! will activate it today and send my current one back.

Man, I wish the people at Verizon were more helpful to me - I might have exchanged to get one without a gap between screen and body and normal vibration, but they were complete d***s to me. Oh well, at least my start key has become evenly lit over time! I love the phone so it's okay, but I'm disappointed that people going through Amazon got better customer service than I did at a VZW corporate store.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
yea do it over the phone. my friend had an issue with his that he bought in the store and instead of going to the store he just called them, explained the defects, and they sent him another in the mail. glad to hear your home button is evenly lit now. maybe just try pressing really hard to snap the glass into the rest of the body to get rid of the gap? if not I would call Verizon corporate and not directly and not deal with a store. those sales people are all a-holes. when my sister went to get hers the guy lied and said her rebate was being sent to her email. she never has gotten it to this day but it was a good thing she went back and dealt with someone else who printed it out for her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism