Changing Instant Messaging Ringtone

lyrisist35

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!!! I have the Lumia 928. I can't seem to change Instant messaging ringtones at all. I have What's App, Voxer and Chaton. All of them have the same IM'ing apps. Please help. :grincry:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
At this point, the only custom ringtones that can be created and assigned are for phone calls. There is no way to assign a custom ringtone unique to each specific IM app.

lyrisist35

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So, let me see if I have this right. I have an option that is supposed to allow me to change my text and IM ringtones, but it doesn't work? I don't want it to be different for each app, I just wan it change period. Doesn't matter what ringtone I choose in that option, it doesn't change for the one I select.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So, let me see if I have this right. I have an option that is supposed to allow me to change my text and IM ringtones, but it doesn't work? I don't want it to be different for each app, I just wan it change period. Doesn't matter what ringtone I choose in that option, it doesn't change for the one I select.

The text and IM ringtone customization is for the built in messaging application for SMS, MMS, Messenger, and Facebook. Third party IM apps just get the generic notification tone because the OS views those messages as notifications from an app, not as messages from a friend.

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
you know man, this is really dumb. Everybody changes those generic tones. Why they would choose not to allow you to do that is idiotic at best.

Joshua Hindsman

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a fun question I have windows phone 925 and I can't change my text message tone period idk what's going on am I goin crazy there's absolutely no option to change it I coulda sworn I could do this at one point on my phone but now that option jus disappeared cant change it at all only the ringtone text tone changing has left the building

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a fun question I have windows phone 925 and I can't change my text message tone period idk what's going on am I goin crazy there's absolutely no option to change it I coulda sworn I could do this at one point on my phone but now that option jus disappeared cant change it at all only the ringtone text tone changing has left the building
settings | ringtones + sound | manage app sounds | Messaging

Sets the sound for ALL messaging apps. . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre