928 battery life?

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm a very heavy user, I have an average number of background apps running, about six, live tiles normal, etc. But I only get about 4 to 5 hours of battery on my phone. What's everyone's average use vs battery life?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
^ He's right. A lot of people have had big improvements with battery life as they use the phone more. How long have you had it?

I think that you'll end up with really solid battery life, but if it stays like this and you're at the end of your two-week return period, I would definitely exchange it for a new device. Two weeks of 4-5 hour battery life would be indicative of a problem, I think.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got it pretty close to when it was released. I've done soft reboots, since. Also anytime I get an opportunity during the day, I have it charging. I checked out the battery life forum when I had the 822 but I'll check it again. I'll keep you updated.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Got my 928 on the day they were released. For the past couple weeks the battery had fallen off dramatically. Only real change in the phone were updated applications. I deleted several that I didn't use very often and must have gotten the culprit in the process. the past couple days the battery has improved quite a bit. I used the phone heavily yesterday and still had 50% when I went to bed.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yah, last week Monday, I updated like 11 or 12 apps, battery was junk for next 3 days, did a soft reboot and fixed what ever application was being a battery hog. been in and out of office, browsing in LTE in a basement server room (low signal) phone, texts, pictures, 4 email accounts... and I am at...78% Been off charger for about 10 hours.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
That would be awesome! And helpful!

I agree, yesterday I left the phone on over night with near 100% battery. When I woke up it was at 23%. When I first got the phone I had only downloaded a few core apps and I would lose no more than 2% battery over night. So today I closed some background apps that I didn't deem important and charged the phone. After 2 and a half hours of idle time with a few phone calls and web browsing the phone is still at 100%. I can only assume one of the apps I downloaded was using A LOT of juice.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree, yesterday I left the phone on over night with near 100% battery. When I woke up it was at 23%. When I first got the phone I had only downloaded a few core apps and I would lose no more than 2% battery over night. So today I closed some background apps that I didn't deem important and charged the phone. After 2 and a half hours of idle time with a few phone calls and web browsing the phone is still at 100%. I can only assume one of the apps I downloaded was using A LOT of juice.

Wow. That is a drastic change. I wonder if maybe on and off I have problems with apps too. I usually get really good battery life but sometimes it is inexplicably worse.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

May I ask what apps you closed? I've had my 928 for about six weeks now and my battery life has been lousy lately. I've been losing 30-40% overnight (six - seven hours) and rarely make it through the day on one charge and I am by no means a heavy user. I would actually classify myself as a light user - I even work from home so I'm on wifi all day.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a couple instances where something must have gotten stuck, massive battery drain as a result.

As of now though, with 49 charges that Battery Sense has tracked, my average battery life is 1 day. With a longest run of 47 hours and 52 minutes (was still on at 6% when I plugged it in, too).

Right now it is telling me I have 7 days and 18 hours of discharge time left, :p :D

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Why don't people charge over night? These are not NiCad batteries. They don't have memory.

Anyway, somebody posted in another thread about some apps don't close/suspend properly. I think the example used was Angry Birds Star Wars... they hit the start button and it was still sucking battery in the background. Totally not the way it's supposed to work. That could be the reason. I've been getting awesome life out of my 928. Better then my 822, which was pretty good.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why don't people charge over night? These are not NiCad batteries. They don't have memory.

Anyway, somebody posted in another thread about some apps don't close/suspend properly. I think the example used was Angry Birds Star Wars... they hit the start button and it was still sucking battery in the background. Totally not the way it's supposed to work. That could be the reason. I've been getting awesome life out of my 928. Better then my 822, which was pretty good.

I wouldn't mind charging overnight if that's all that was required. But when I have to put it on the charger at 5 pm when I hardly use the phone during the day then something is definitely wrong.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind charging overnight if that's all that was required. But when I have to put it on the charger at 5 pm when I hardly use the phone during the day then something is definitely wrong.

Agreed. There is something not right on your phone. Some runaway app, or maybe you're just a super super hardcore user. :) What is your typical usage?

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. There is something not right on your phone. Some runaway app, or maybe you're just a super super hardcore user. :) What is your typical usage?

Actually I'm not a hard core user I am a light user that's why I know there is something wrong. On a typical day I use it only for phone calls and light texting as I work from home and have access to my computer all day for email and internet needs. I went ahead and called Verizon and they are sending a replacement device. I was hesitant to do that as they are going to send me a refurb and I was otherwise happy with the phone's performance. Hopefully the one they send won't have other issues.

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know but for my use which is not heavy, I'm getting 36 or more hours per charge. Off the charger at 0600. Go to bed at 2200 and still have 60% or more. Wake up the next morning and go all that day. Hit the sack at 25% left. Almost 2 days... I'm on wifi most of the time and just text and make a couple calls a day.

Been this way for the last 8 or 9 days. Thought it was a fluke but that's what it's been doing. I charged it last night and almost 6 hours later I'm still at 99%. This is as good as my iPhone 4 was.

Normally I would just plug it at night. I'm very happy with the battery life.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually I'm not a hard core user I am a light user that's why I know there is something wrong. On a typical day I use it only for phone calls and light texting as I work from home and have access to my computer all day for email and internet needs. I went ahead and called Verizon and they are sending a replacement device. I was hesitant to do that as they are going to send me a refurb and I was otherwise happy with the phone's performance. Hopefully the one they send won't have other issues.

Maybe try to hard reset your phone and set it up again... see how that works for a few days before you pop your SIM into the replacement. Are there any games you play consistantly day to day?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
In 4 hours I am down to 57%. I barely used it. I went to watch the Carolina panthers practice fully charged. I restarted my phone in case anything was running in the background. I took about twenty pictures, used GPS for 8 minutes, texted and made a couple of phone calls. Its telling me I have 3 hrs left. I didn't play any games. I only got on the web to find a restaurant which is why I used the GPS for 8 min. That was the last thing that I used. Any idea what's going on?

Update: now 47%

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05