Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Just over 10 of the white ones available! I just bought one. Thanks for the find! This is even better than the deal that DailySteals had a few weeks ago...they were $30 then.

To those that already have them...any issues? Working fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by gab1972 View Post
    Just over 10 of the white ones available! I just bought one. Thanks for the find! This is even better than the deal that DailySteals had a few weeks ago...they were $30 then.

To those that already have them...any issues? Working fine?
    Working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    If you find a way to get that working in a car...post, wouldn't mind doing that too....
    Here it is. Kind of a frankenstein it is, but it works, and it only cost $25 more than what I already had, since I already had the things other than the charger.
    Here's the mount I have: Amazon.com: Amzer 18-Inch Aluminum Gooseneck Floor Mount Universal - Mount - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I also use this noise suppressor and this BT receiver to plug into the audio input of my car stereo (car stereo doesn't have BT streaming protocol, only hands free)
    I used parts from a mount similar to this one. This is not the exact model, as I can't find it online right now, but the similarity is the large "ears" that grip the sides of the phone. I don't know about this model, but the one I used for parts had ears that were hollow. I broke the ears off of the "parts" holder and put them over the ears of the good one. I could have just used the other holder, but it is built more sloppily and rattles quite a bit. I'm happy with the Amzer model. I glued them in place, cut out the foam where it hits the camera button, and the result is below.

wp_20130730_002.jpg

wp_20130731_001.jpg
    wp_20130730_004.jpg

The reason "Nokia" is upside down is because I wanted the power coming out the bottom. I just used double back tape to hold it on.

For power I cut the power cable in half, and since the charger requires 12 volts, I wired it directly to the contacts of a cigarette lighter adapter taken from my box of junk cables no longer used. Since I was an electronics technician in high school, this was no problem. Make sure that you get the polarity correct - positive tip.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 
    wpn00b likes this.
    Bonus: My usb-based car charger would not keep up with the power demand, and the battery would drain even plugged in, if I was using Nokia Drive. Today, I drove from home to work, about 45 minutes, with Drive on, and streaming a podcast to the stereo, while on the wireless charger. I left home at 100% and arrived at work at 100%. This afternoon, I'm heading over to the local Microsoft office to attend a user group meeting, and I'll try to remember to leave work with the battery drained a bit, to see if it actually charges while using Drive as well as streaming.
    - Rich

wpn00b likes this.
    Test passed. I left work at 88%, and after 25 minutes of steaming audio while navigating with Here Drive+, the battery hit 100%. Nice.
    - Rich

jleebiker and wpn00b like this.
    AT&T has the nokia wireless charging plate for $25 as an online only offer now. I just ordered one. Wish the stores around me had in-store pick up though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12