Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Anyone hear of any dates coming down the pipeline?

Honestabebread, I'm putting out the searchlight for you ;)

Global Posts
    3,889 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    On a 928 your phone should already have come with GDR 2 on it, I believe? I know the 925's and 1020's have it on already and the 928 was released around the same time.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Don't the 928 already has the updates?

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    It doesn't, or I wouldn't have posted asking ;)

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    I even have Nokia Care Suite on my computer(I was attempting to fix a 822 with a bad rom at one point), I check that as there is an option to search for updates (to update a phone at retail), it says my 928 (should be fully up to date) that it is fully up to date as expected. So, Nokia does not have it as an option for retailers...

Wish Microsoft kept it's word... Not allowing carriers to control updates but, with Verizon, we will be waiting for a while...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    928's do not come with GDR2. I thought they said it would drop sometime in August?
    I don't recall where, but I'm thinking I'd heard August as well.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    Let's just hope Verizon doesn't move at Blackberry Z10 10.1 update speeds......
    I've heard that August 4th is the plan.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanj View Post
    source?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan.kruger View Post
    source?
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...thers-day.html

Post #143 on that thread. Tcman88 has been keeping us updated as best as possible on potential changes in the VZW system.

The dates not a sure thing, but I bet it's close.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanked by:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...thers-day.html

Post #143 on that thread. Tcman88 has been keeping us updated as best as possible on potential changes in the VZW system.

The dates not a sure thing, but I bet it's close.
    Here's the link directly to that post. http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...tm#post2040144
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Here's the link directly to that post. http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...tm#post2040144
    Maybe Verizon is testing group texting, maybe that is why it's taking so long. I hope so, that would make us all (who uses group text) happy here. The rumor is that it was fixed but, waiting for the next major update to release it.

As we are getting close, I will check Nokia Care Suite every day. This is the same software that Verizon and Nokia uses to update phones or to flash looped phones. If Verizon gets it in store (possible a few days before release), it will show up on this software... I want this dam release today, not next month....I checked today, nope :(
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Keep this thread alive! Thanks for the posts guys! And if Nokia Care Suite gets you that update, let us all know!

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I called Verizon support to ask the status on Group Messaging. The rep said she was looking at an article from the end of June that said the group messaging is supposed to be considered for the upcoming update scheduled for July. She said that is looking more like August now. Hopefully they get this fixed.
    Thanked by:

It is August 4th now ... and nothing. My previous Thunderbolt Dj vu.
    felickz likes this.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I think the August 4th date was meant to be taken in a "week of" sense. I've never experienced Verizon releasing an update on a Sunday. From previous experience, they tend to drop on Tuesdays so give it a few more days. Usually the support page gets updated a day or so in advance so keep an eye on http://vzw.com/lumia928support

I'll be checking phone update screen every 5 minutes... I'll let y'all know when I get my update
    Quote Originally Posted by KeegdnaB42 View Post
    I think the August 4th date was meant to be taken in a "week of" sense. I've never experienced Verizon releasing an update on a Sunday. From previous experience, they tend to drop on Tuesdays so give it a few more days. Usually the support page gets updated a day or so in advance so keep an eye on http://vzw.com/lumia928support
    This. Come on, people. It's the week of August 4th, not exactly August 4th.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeegdnaB42 View Post
    is that a legit support page? if so, it's not loading for me -- getting a 'page is unavailable' message. could this be a sign?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The support page isn't up yet since there haven't been any updates released for the 928 yet. If you look at the ones for the 8X and 822, they'll have pdfs related to the most recent one released.

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    August 4th is pretty iffy. 2013? 2019? Year of the constipated mongoose? (You have to be a Terry Pratchett fan for that one). They never say.
    gkrew likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Anyone want to be a guinea pig and try this on our Lumia 928? Thinking it should work since the 928 is basically a 920 just on Verizon.

Leaked Nokia Amber firmware now available for the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 | WMPoweruser

Looking at the image that is associated... time states that it is 9:20 designating the model.... the date then states September 5th... wonder if that is the official release plan. Which means since we are on Verizon that we will get it in 2014!!!...
    Last edited by mrcrusha829; 08-05-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    No, thank's xD

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrusha829 View Post
    Anyone want to be a guinea pig and try this on our Lumia 928? Thinking it should work since the 928 is basically a 920 just on Verizon.

Leaked Nokia Amber firmware now available for the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 | WMPoweruser
    I'll pass. The 928 is very different compared to the 920. Different carriers with different bands is the main hiccup. I doubt it would even install on a 928, I'm sure the strings are hard coded for model numbers.
    Thanked by:
    Guilherme Silveira likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast