Issues sending SMS texts.

xsentrick

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for a little over a week now and I love everything about it so far, however I have noticed that when sending texts messages I get a bounce backs quite often and have to attempt several resends before the text goes through. Sometimes I have to cancel the original and retype the text and it works on the first try, other times I can forward the same text to the same recipient and it goes through. This has happened while at work and while at home while both areas are in great LTE coverage. I'm with Verizon. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. It's just very annoying having to send texts this way. Thanks!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Reboot the phone. If that doesn't work, try a new SIM card. If that doesn't work, take it back to Verizon for a replacement.

xsentrick

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Well the hard reset worked for a while, but now the same issue has arisen. I did another hard reset and once again the issue was resolved, temporarily. Upon further research, I found that 3rd party texting apps can cause this issue. I had textfree plus on my phone. I removed it and since then have not had the issue return. Hope this info helps someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos