Just Upper volume button didn't work. What can I do?

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I can press the upper volume button (Sound-lifting Button) as usual yesterday, but when I wanna do the same thing today, the button didn't work. (Just this button)

Also, I have used this phone lumia 928 less than one month.

I don't know what happen. I have resetted to rescue this matter, pity, the button still didn't work.

I can't believe the Quality-Controlling in Nokia will act like this.

Can you tell me how I can do? I really love this phone.:cry::cry::cry:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It is still under warranty (1 year), so you shouldn't have to use insurance, if you have that. This should cost you nothing out of pocket, unless there's evidence of physical damage that caused the problem, which it doesn't sound like from your description. I don't know what Verizon's process is, but you could either take it to them and find out, or you could contact Nokia for support. You can either look it up on their site or tweet them at @nokiacareus.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It is still under warranty (1 year), so you shouldn't have to use insurance, if you have that. This should cost you nothing out of pocket, unless there's evidence of physical damage that caused the problem, which it doesn't sound like from your description. I don't know what Verizon's process is, but you could either take it to them and find out, or you could contact Nokia for support. You can either look it up on their site or tweet them at @nokiacareus.

Thanks for your response.
You mean every Nokia phone can have 1 year warranty So I don't need to spend any?
There is absolutely no physical damage on my Phone.

Actually, I am not in US now. I have asked my friend to consult.
Now. I prefer to get a replacement.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset to see if it software if not I would get a replacement or take it to Nokia Care.

I have pressed volume down button+power to restart the phone. Also I go to setting- general- reset. But restart or reset seem not work still.

So How can I do now?

How can I get a replacement? Verizon?

I have used 928 about 1 month.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have pressed volume down button+power to restart the phone. Also I go to setting- general- reset. But restart or reset seem not work still.

So How can I do now?

How can I get a replacement? Verizon?

I have used 928 about 1 month.

You can go to there store or ring them up and explain that your upper volume key is broke, can I have a replacement on those lines.

If that fails then it a trip to Nokia Care.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Just call Verizon and they will send a replacement. No need to panic or talk bad about Nokia. Every electronic item can have failures. 800-922-0204

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just call Verizon and they will send a replacement. No need to panic or talk bad about Nokia. Every electronic item can have failures. 800-922-0204

Just give a call to 8009220204, and tell verizon staff my case?

Really will it be easy like that? The staff don't need to check my case?

Thx.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, every Lumia has a one year warranty. That warranty covers defects in manufacturing/workmanship. That means it won't cover damage. But since you've already said that you have no damage, that's not a problem. There's nothing to worry about. I'm not sure what Verizon would do with you being out of the country, but you could try calling them. If they won't cover due to you being out of the country (are you out permanently?), I'm sure Nokia, being an international company, would be able to help. I'd be guessing, but I'd guess you'd have to send the phone in and they'd send you a replacement. If you get the right rep, and speak kindly, you may be able to talk them into shipping a replacement and then you return the bad phone.

Either way, no worries - it sounds like there should be no problem with you getting the phone replaced, the worst that may happen is you have to do without a phone for a few days while you send them yours and they send you a replacement. Don't be surprised, though - it will be a refurb. But a refurb is better than a broken phone, right? :wink:

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, every Lumia has a one year warranty. That warranty covers defects in manufacturing/workmanship. That means it won't cover damage. But since you've already said that you have no damage, that's not a problem. There's nothing to worry about. I'm not sure what Verizon would do with you being out of the country, but you could try calling them. If they won't cover due to you being out of the country (are you out permanently?), I'm sure Nokia, being an international company, would be able to help. I'd be guessing, but I'd guess you'd have to send the phone in and they'd send you a replacement. If you get the right rep, and speak kindly, you may be able to talk them into shipping a replacement and then you return the bad phone.

Either way, no worries - it sounds like there should be no problem with you getting the phone replaced, the worst that may happen is you have to do without a phone for a few days while you send them yours and they send you a replacement. Don't be surprised, though - it will be a refurb. But a refurb is better than a broken phone, right? :wink:

Appreciate Your HELP!!!
I forgot to say I just bought the Lumia928 in Amazon on 18.June.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I am in Hongkong now, so I can just send the phone to my friend in US and ask him to do whatever you have told me. I want a new one instead of refurb.

:cry:[INFO][/INFO]

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in Hongkong now, so I can just send the phone to my friend in US and ask him to do whatever you have told me. I want a new one instead of refurb.

:cry:

Unfortunately, you don't have a choice. The terms of the warranty allow them to send a refurb. You MAY be able to get new if you go into the store and they don't have refurbs, but I don't know - I've never done that.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, you don't have a choice. The terms of the warranty allow them to send a refurb. You MAY be able to get new if you go into the store and they don't have refurbs, but I don't know - I've never done that.
Thanks for your kindly help.
I can't. I am from Hongkong.
Now, Amazon seems to send me the replacement. But the Amazon Return Policy is disturbing.
I think Amazon replacement will be new one?

The Nokia Team have sent me Email to ask for my contact information.
I think Nokia's service is really Nice.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea what Amazon's policy is, as I haven't used it or purchased a phone from them. Sorry.

Fine. Can you tell me the Email address of Nokia US?
Amazon can't offer me the replacement and ask me to contact Nokia US.
But my speaking is poor. So I wanna write an Email to them.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea what Amazon's policy is, as I haven't used it or purchased a phone from them. Sorry.

Hey,Sir.
In these two days, the most horrible thing happen.
August 1st, the phone drop itself on the ground because the chatting message reminder of the app make my phone vibrate 80 times. TAT. (Fine, it's me who forget to cancle the vibrating function and I can't imagine the vibration have such power.)
So...There is some flaws on the engineering plastic of phone. My heart is broken. :crying:
But One miracle is my volume up button coming alive. WTF!!!

Also I think the button sometimes can be used, sometimes can not be used.
For example, before I went to the bed yesterday night, The button sucks. But when I woke up, the button came alive.

Nokia is disturbing me. TAT.
The saddest thing is that there is some flaws now, Nokia maybe ignore my case because they can say my phone have physical damage now.:cry:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I can't speak for them. I am surprised that the phone vibrated enough to make it fall (from a flat surface?). I've had four of them now, and I carry the phone in a belt case, and can't feel it vibrate at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo