Voice commands awesome

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Android voice to text is amazing, but WP is getting there. I also miss the ability to say 'period,' 'comma' etc.

I also would like to say things like "Bluetooth On"

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd say 90% of the time, my speech gets incorrectly deciphered, and my wife's name can't be discerned. It's pretty frustrating considering I speak slowly, clearly, and my wife's name is not out of the ordinary.

Make sure you pick the appropirate language pack! Was on male USA English and was getting along great with voice command. Just for grins, I wanted to here the sexier phone coice so I switched to the female UK language pack thinking it would be the same accuracy. After several weeks I noticed the accuracy was terrible and I switched back to US version and all is much better again.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you pick the appropirate language pack! Was on male USA English and was getting along great with voice command. Just for grins, I wanted to here the sexier phone coice so I switched to the female UK language pack thinking it would be the same accuracy. After several weeks I noticed the accuracy was terrible and I switched back to US version and all is much better again.

Sounds like you're saying males are better listeners then females? :smile: :smile: :smile:

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I realize this thread is almost a year old, but...
I love this feature, specifically being able to respond to texts as I drive.
Are there any non-windows phones that are able to do this?
A friend of mine got the Galaxy S5 (he had a nokia 928) and is getting frustrated because he can not get it to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss