Data Sense Question

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I just flashed my AT&T 920 up to the Amber update since I heard that Data Sense wouldn't be coming for AT&T WP phones. I have a question that I was hoping one of you guys could answer which is since I set a limit in Data Sense, will Data Sense prevent me from going over my data plan? So for example I have a 300mb plan when data sense counter reaches 300 Mb or 0 Mb left, will it automatically turn off my data?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, it won't prevent anything. It's just a guide. IIRC it will give you a toast notification when you are near or over the limit you set, but I don't recall what the toast was exactly. I haven't gotten one - my wife did.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
TBH I haven't even compared. We have a 4GB plan, so my data sense is set to 3GB and my wife's is set to 1GB (she uses far less data than me). I use it more for diagnosing which apps are drinking the battery juice than anything else. If I get close to my plan, I get texts, so I'm not worried about it.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought it just shows how much each app is using data...which I guess you can relate to battery drain. Anyway, thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's correct. Generally - not always - but generally, the apps using the most data are going to use the most data. This doesn't work with games, of course, which may not use much data at all but burn through the battery faster than you could believe sometimes... But it's the best diagnostic tool I could come up with. And for the most part, it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon