928 Amber - FM Radio missing?

ChrisRiv91

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just flashed my 928 everything went smoothly, but I'm missing the FM Tuner from the music and video hub. Is there some other update I have to apply?

ChrisRiv91

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That's strange, I wonder what causes it to not activate?

According to a new post, supposedly FM Radio is not available through this update for Verizon. Woohoo didn't mess anything up at least :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Must be a hardware limitation with the CDMA+LTE radio vs the GSM+LTE radio on the 920s.

I call BS on that one.... Doesn't the US 920 have the FM radio ?

I'm beyond pissed off about this one. I have been waiting for this feature with Nokia saying the phone supports it and Microsoft saying it comes as part of GDR2 (8.0.10327.77 that is on your 928). So, everyone should be calling Verizon and saying WTF...

1. I sent a tweet to a few people at MS saying "WTF got GDR2 but, no FM radio, what's the deal?"..
2. Called up Verizon, talked to CS who got me over to tech support with a really sweet girl who is investigating it for me and will call me back (I have heard that before tho).

I suggest you call Verizon...The direct line to their tech support line is.. 1-866-221-4096 Call them now and ask where is the FM radio on the Lumia 928, One people tried to tell me to go to Zune and FM radio(No Zune in WP8), or got to Nokia Music. SO listen and make sure they understand.

If enough people say something, maybe we can get this fixed.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just because the chip supports fm-radio, it doesn't mean all the required hardware is installed. I remember back in the day with the TP2 everybody stated that it had support for a fm-radio but we found out the hadware wasn't installed on the cdma chip. Other GSM carriers that carried the phone had the fm-radio enabled except for Verizon and sprint.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted @NokiaCareUS last night. It went like this:

Me:
@NokiaCareUS Does #Lumia928 hardware support FM radio?

NokiaCareUS:
@RichH67 No, it does not have the hardware required for FM radio, but Nokia Lumia Amber brings the new Nokia Smart Camera. ^RS
(Did I ask about the camera???)

@ThetaTwo:
@NokiaCareUS @RichH67 what hardware is lacking? Internals identical to 920 which has fm radio enables.

@TroyLeeLytle
@NokiaCareUS @RichH67 what about 822's?

Me (this am):
@ThetaTwo @NokiaCareUS No answer? Does #Lumia928 or does it not have the same guts as #Lumia920, which would include FM radio? #WindowsPhone

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The internals may be similar but the radios are different between a GSM only phone and one that is cdma.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
still. I was hoping to get my FM on for football games (don't reply with a website or app that will stream something) I wanted it on FM, no data, out in boonies, radio.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Even if you find the Reg key for it, even the experts over at XDA can't write to the reg....

I hope soon, I called Nokia and told them the facts that I know (even their website says all models support it except the 620). The BS stories is enough, I had better luck with HTC than this. I called their number and if they can't provide me with FM radio on this phone, I want a refund for this phone. They moved my case up, I am waiting for a call back. I'll buy another HTC 8X and never buy another Nokia phone again.

Nokia can bite it if they are giving this BS story out. If it's Verizon, then let me know but, don't lie to me about it. There is plenty of proof that the 928 supports FM radio, even from Nokia's mouth.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Even if you find the Reg key for it, even the experts over at XDA can't write to the reg....

I hope soon, I called Nokia and told them the facts that I know (even their website says all models support it except the 620). The BS stories is enough, I had better luck with HTC than this. I called their number and if they can't provide me with FM radio on this phone, I want a refund for this phone. They moved my case up, I am waiting for a call back. I'll buy another HTC 8X and never buy another Nokia phone again.

Nokia can bite it if they are giving this BS story out. If it's Verizon, then let me know but, don't lie to me about it. There is plenty of proof that the 928 supports FM radio, even from Nokia's mouth.

What is the proof you have? not saying you are wrong, im just curious.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What is the proof you have? not saying you are wrong, im just curious.

1. Nokia lists on their site that every phone supports FM radio accept for the 620.
2. have Names that i talked to before getting the 928 asking about FM radio, 2 different reps same thing, saying it just needs a software update.
3. 3 or 4 sites that has disassembled the 928 confirming the chipset is correct.

this is complete BS from Verizon (that still has not called me back yet) or Nokia.

Those are some of the main things...

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just because the chip supports fm-radio, it doesn't mean all the required hardware is installed. I remember back in the day with the TP2 everybody stated that it had support for a fm-radio but we found out the hadware wasn't installed on the cdma chip. Other GSM carriers that carried the phone had the fm-radio enabled except for Verizon and sprint.
true but the tp2 was found to not have the proper hardware for fm when it was a cdma flavor. No where did the hardware specs say the 929 would not support fm radio so this to me is false advertising on MS part and no docs saying the gdr2 update would NOT enable fm on the 928.
I was so looking to fm radio on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb