- 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM #2
I have the same problem after flashing the French rom on my 920 :(EE- Lumia 920 Black - GDR3 Preview
Vodafone - Lumia 925 Black - GDR/Amber
Vodafone - Lumia 520 Yellow - GDR3 Preview
My own room for chatting if anyone is interested...
- 08-15-2013, 08:23 PM #5
I'm beyond pissed off about this one. I have been waiting for this feature with Nokia saying the phone supports it and Microsoft saying it comes as part of GDR2 (8.0.10327.77 that is on your 928). So, everyone should be calling Verizon and saying WTF...
1. I sent a tweet to a few people at MS saying "WTF got GDR2 but, no FM radio, what's the deal?"..
2. Called up Verizon, talked to CS who got me over to tech support with a really sweet girl who is investigating it for me and will call me back (I have heard that before tho).
I suggest you call Verizon...The direct line to their tech support line is.. 1-866-221-4096 Call them now and ask where is the FM radio on the Lumia 928, One people tried to tell me to go to Zune and FM radio(No Zune in WP8), or got to Nokia Music. SO listen and make sure they understand.
If enough people say something, maybe we can get this fixed.
- 08-16-2013, 09:50 AM #7
Just because the chip supports fm-radio, it doesn't mean all the required hardware is installed. I remember back in the day with the TP2 everybody stated that it had support for a fm-radio but we found out the hadware wasn't installed on the cdma chip. Other GSM carriers that carried the phone had the fm-radio enabled except for Verizon and sprint.
- 08-16-2013, 09:59 AM #8
I tweeted @NokiaCareUS last night. It went like this:
Me:@NokiaCareUS Does #Lumia928 hardware support FM radio?@RichH67 No, it does not have the hardware required for FM radio, but Nokia Lumia Amber brings the new Nokia Smart Camera. ^RS
@ThetaTwo:@NokiaCareUS @RichH67 what hardware is lacking? Internals identical to 920 which has fm radio enables.@NokiaCareUS @RichH67 what about 822's?@ThetaTwo @NokiaCareUS No answer? Does #Lumia928 or does it not have the same guts as #Lumia920, which would include FM radio? #WindowsPhone
- 08-16-2013, 06:07 PM #13
Even if you find the Reg key for it, even the experts over at XDA can't write to the reg....
I hope soon, I called Nokia and told them the facts that I know (even their website says all models support it except the 620). The BS stories is enough, I had better luck with HTC than this. I called their number and if they can't provide me with FM radio on this phone, I want a refund for this phone. They moved my case up, I am waiting for a call back. I'll buy another HTC 8X and never buy another Nokia phone again.
Nokia can bite it if they are giving this BS story out. If it's Verizon, then let me know but, don't lie to me about it. There is plenty of proof that the 928 supports FM radio, even from Nokia's mouth.
- 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM #15
2. have Names that i talked to before getting the 928 asking about FM radio, 2 different reps same thing, saying it just needs a software update.
3. 3 or 4 sites that has disassembled the 928 confirming the chipset is correct.
this is complete BS from Verizon (that still has not called me back yet) or Nokia.
Those are some of the main things...
08-16-2013, 08:38 PM #17
- 57 Posts
- 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM #20
I was so looking to fm radio on my phone.
- 08-16-2013, 09:40 PM #22
So tired of spec sheets and advertising saying one thing and then Verizon disabling **** and trying to play it off as hardware.Until MS or Nokia says ootherwise I call BS on Verizon trying to rope people into using more data for radio streaming over data connections.
- 08-17-2013, 07:45 AM #25
I think Verizon has something to do with this...
They probably screwed up FM Radio like they did with Group Messaging.Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)
My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
- By sleeve22 in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 5Last Post: 01-11-2014, 01:11 PM
- By abhishek8605 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 16Last Post: 08-15-2013, 02:51 PM
- By rafimd2 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM
- By iboypx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM
- By TrickyDee42 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM