Verizon OTA update is live!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Update page is live

Way to be on top of things Verizon:

If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Peek?

Taking a long time to check for updates - they must be getting hammered by people checking. They should all stop checking so I can get an answer!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Peek?

Taking a long time to check for updates - they must be getting hammered by people checking. They should all stop checking so I can get an answer!

The Glance feature where you wave your hand over the screen and it turns on.

edit: update downloaded...preparing to install...

edit2: all the impatient people who flashed their phones overnight :p

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how big the update is? I've got 2.2 GB left for the month, but 9 days left. I could up it to 6GB for this month, I suppose..... :wink:
(I'm at work, and have no wifi until I get home)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
So I wiped out my phone this morning and this came out and would have saved my settings?!?! lol. Anyhow, this is pretty impressive by Verizon and Nokia. Love the new update.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how big the update is? I've got 2.2 GB left for the month, but 9 days left. I could up it to 6GB for this month, I suppose..... :wink:
(I'm at work, and have no wifi until I get home)

Unfortunately I am at someone else's house, and I don't think their router tracks bandwidth. Wouldn't chance it with how big the file downloads were to flash the thing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems confirmed that the d/l the others downloaded yesterday doesn't have FM... Haven't seen anything about the official update yet.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately I am at someone else's house, and I don't think their router tracks bandwidth. Wouldn't chance it with how big the file downloads were to flash the thing.
Meh - it's telling me to connect to wifi to update. Grrr... I guess it'll be tonight when I get home. Maybe I'll leave early today.... :wink:

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Updating now!! although it seems to be stuck at "Preparing to install 100%" for a long time.

So there isn't Peek or FM radio in this update??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss