Just got GDR2/Amber. So, now what? How to take advantage of the update.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
LUMIA pusher is gone from the marketplace.
If you want those apps there are three methods.
  1. On your phone download and install http://dowappdiagnostics.blob.com/aet/AET.aetx (its the microsoft company certificate for Windows Phone App Studio) and download https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror . This is a rudimentary app, but it gets the job done. Apps are in no particular order.

1. When I go to http://dowappdiagnostics.blob.com/aet/AET.aetx nothing happens.

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
"Flip to Silence" is also cool. I swear that Wi-Fi thing was there before, but I guess not. Also cool. Where is this radio you speak of?
As for 'other storage', I heard this update was supposed to make it better, but mine is even worse now. Went from 9.2GB to 9.5GB. 9.5! That's nearly 1/3 of my entire phone's 32GB memory. WTF?

What helped my other storage which was at about 5GB was to delete all my photos and videos that were on my phone but already synced to SkyDrive. Once I did this my other went down to 1.1GB. Then I got the OTA today and ran the Storage Check to clear some more space and I am hovering around 900MB. Hope this can help you.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Some of the features, like "peek", require an update to your Nokia system software before it'll appear. The Store will display these updates automatically in a day or two, or you can scan some QR codes to bring up the associated Store pages manually and force an update.

FM Radio not included because of the type of radio/hardware used in the 928 (LTE/CDMA).

Group messaging now works.

jona dalumay

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
it says in nokia's page that the update is already available for my L920 here in saudi arabia, but still, there's no any updates arriving in my phone. whats the problem? PLS HELP.:unhappysweat:

russ8128

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I received my phone (928) in the mail after purchasing it used from eBay. (nice deal btw). It was wiped clean and once charged it and turned it on I was able to sync my account (from my 822). Everything seemed fine (apps downloaded, accounts all good). Well checked for the update and after a while it found it and downloaded and installed. Now I can get the Pro camera and some of the other additions everyone is talking about, but I don't see some of them (peek, double tap to wake, etc). I've searched the boards and know where to look for these options, but they're not there on my phone. Also, it doesn't say "Lumia Amber" under the "extras" menu. Just Nokia Enhancements version 1.6.1.62. Am I missing something? (btw I also have a 521 in the house that has been updated and it says "Lumia Amber" under the same menu.

russ8128

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so about 30 minutes after i posted this my phone had 5 app updates. Low and behold...everything got "fixed" and updated. Now it says Lumia Update and I have peek, double tap, etc. So does anyone else think big brother is watching? :shocked:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What helped my other storage which was at about 5GB was to delete all my photos and videos that were on my phone but already synced to SkyDrive. Once I did this my other went down to 1.1GB. Then I got the OTA today and ran the Storage Check to clear some more space and I am hovering around 900MB. Hope this can help you.

I guess I just needed to give GDR2 more time to fix things. My Other storage was at 9.1GB before the download, and then 9.5GB immediately after the download. I just checked it again right now and it plummeted all the way to 1.4GB and I didn't do anything (in fact, I've installed even more apps since then). Hooray for GDR2!

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Under Setting | Storage Check. Let it run then swipe to the right and clear temp files.
I do not think the update automatically deletes the other storage files by default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss