Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Has anyone tested this with Verizon? I tried with 2 phone numbers (office and home) and neither work and the phone call is allowed immediately. When I block the #, I even get a toast notification that it's been blocked.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    When you say home and office, do you mean you tried blocking your home and office numbers and when you call your 928 from those numbers they still go through? Are both of those numbers also somewhere in your contacts? If they are, I think that overrides the blocker. You can't block numbers you have saved as a contact.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I removed my office # from my phone book and it still did not block the number. I tried calling my 928 from my office and the call was not blocked. The caller ID does indeed show up and it's not marked as Private.

Quote Originally Posted by mbhforum13 View Post
    Has anyone tested this with Verizon? I tried with 2 phone numbers (office and home) and neither work and the phone call is allowed immediately. When I block the #, I even get a toast notification that it's been blocked.
    its a problem with the way it reads the number. I blocked my other cell phone to try it our, and it blocked SMS no problem. Its blocking the number properly on the format of 123-456-7890 (how text messages are displayed) but not (123)-456-7890 which is how the phone calls are displayed

Edit: for some reason my phone now displays texts as (123) 456-7890 so not 100% sure what's going on (99.9% sure it was different beforehand). They definitely should have caught whatever the problem is
    Last edited by AR2186; 08-16-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    How in the world does QA not catch this?!

I am unable to get this to work on Verizon as well. I was beginning to think the update that we got was Amber only and not bundled with GDR2. I have it set to block the numbers that come up "Uknown" and I have multiple numbers set up in the list and all go straight through, they do not even show on the blocked list counter. This is frustrating as its the only feature I was really looking forward to coming from android and having apps like Mr. Number that do all that for you.

So if you got it to work on Verizon how did you get it to work?

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I also cannot get it to work on my 928.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Has anyone turned on this feature and had it work?

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is annoying, this was the main feature I was looking forward to with the update

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AR2186 View Post
    its a problem with the way it reads the number. I blocked my other cell phone to try it our, and it blocked SMS no problem. Its blocking the number properly on the format of 123-456-7890 (how text messages are displayed) but not (123)-456-7890 which is how the phone calls are displayed

Edit: for some reason my phone now displays texts as (123) 456-7890 so not 100% sure what's going on (99.9% sure it was different beforehand). They definitely should have caught whatever the problem is
    Hmm, I wonder if your on to something there. My calls are coming in as (123)-456-7890 But in the blocked numbers it's showing 1234567890. If that's the case I'm assuming that should be a quick simple fix. Unless VZW is behind it not working.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if your on to something there. My calls are coming in as (123)-456-7890 But in the blocked numbers it's showing 1234567890. If that's the case I'm assuming that should be a quick simple fix. Unless VZW is behind it not working.

Just tested it myself. Not working for me. It would be weird if it was the formatting of the number, but again it could be it.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just curious has anyone with a Lumia 928 or even 822 which i think is getting the update today, has anyone on Verizon seen a call get blocked yet...?

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Why would they add the feature if it does not work?? :(

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Not working here -- for over a year my line has gotten those "card services" spam calls, would be nice to block them.

And seriously, for all the vaunted VZW "testing", I get the feeling the only thing they did was fiddle with the bookmarks.

does anyone know someone that doesn't have a 928 reporting the same problem? At first I thought this was a fluke (call blocking), but glad to see I'm not going crazy ;)

Glad its not just me, I guess. Doesn't work on my 928

I have a 928 with 26 numbers in my call block lists and all calls persists to get through. Its frustrating to get a update and it not work as advertise hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Personally, I think VZW is behind it not working. If it worked they would be losing money.
    They allow you to block 5 numbers for free. If you want to block more you have to subscribe to there Usage Controls for $5.00 a month per account and even then it only allows you to block up to 20 numbers.

I could see this being why as well. Verizon's support page for the 928 which goes over the details of what's in its updates has temporarily been pulled from their website so something is afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jmunchies1 View Post
    When you say home and office, do you mean you tried blocking your home and office numbers and when you call your 928 from those numbers they still go through? Are both of those numbers also somewhere in your contacts? If they are, I think that overrides the blocker. You can't block numbers you have saved as a contact.
    yes you can !

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Walsh View Post
    yes you can !
    Maybe they can be entered into the block list, but does it block them???

Two different things. . .

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoorehead221 View Post
    I could see this being why as well. Verizon's support page for the 928 which goes over the details of what's in its updates has temporarily been pulled from their website so something is afoot.
    And now it doesn't mention call/message blocking.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    And now it doesn't mention call/message blocking.
    Killing me here...it is like the one feature i was looking forward towards having (with my job, my phone number gets put out to alot of telemarketing and "sales" type lists that i get calls back on that i dont want, so being able to block numbers not in my phone book or numbers that are unknown was the top item i, not really Needed, but would have made the experience with Windows Phone better. Does ATT call blocking work on their devices, it might be easier to go to ATT on Windows Phone, then going back to Android on Verizon...

Not working on my Verizon 928 or 822. Wondering out loud if perhaps it has something to do with CDMA vs GSM and how the SIM is used (or in the case of CDMA isn't really used) for contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by mjperry51 View Post
    Maybe they can be entered into the block list, but does it block them???

Two different things. . .
    yes definitely, I tried it on my mates and girlfriends number , 100% working in Ireland
    Thanked by:
    ddartman7 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast