- 08-16-2013, 01:46 PM #1
I decided it's about time I get a flashlight app. I'd like one with the ability to use the camera's flash and also to illuminate the screen white. Most of the flashlight apps I've seen in the store boast about using the camera's LED flash, but the 928 doesn't have an LED flash, right? It has an Xenon flash. I have no idea what that means, though. Do these apps still utilize the Xenon flash? Any flashlight recommendations you have are welcome, even if they're not free.
- 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM #2
- 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM #3
My PIP app should work with the LED flash, but not the Xenon... As mentioned before, xenon is designed for short bursts... Which is why only the LED works when recording video. Although it might be a cool feature if you could get the Xenon flash to strobe while recording video.
... Sorry for the shameless plug ;)
- 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM #4
My suggestions are:
1. I love the ability to customize the colors (especially in multi-colored mode), but it would be nice to have a default color scheme and a "return to default" button in case I screw things up too much. Also, it would be nice to have a few more colors (especially a lighter background option, like a white/offwhite, and the ability to have a non-textured background too--toggle on or off).
2. I like the ability to change the flashlight from LED to screen. How about an option to turn them both on simultaneously (a double-sided flashlight!)
3. When you calibrate the compass, it doesn't tell you when to stop. If you could change it so that it notifies you that the calibration is complete, that would help a lot (similar to the Nokia City Lens, which vibrates to let you know the calibration is complete).
My questions are:
1. What do the numbers mean in the upper left and lower right corners mean. Like it says, 223 ^ SW and 44 v NE. That means it's 223 degrees (or some other measurement? maybe put a little degree symbol there) some direction from SW (to SW?). I guess I don't know how to read a compass...
2. I assume if I buy the full version the ads go away, right? Does the compass then extend to take up the full screen?
Last edited by coip; 08-16-2013 at 05:42 PM.
- 08-19-2013, 11:30 AM #5
Thanks for the feedback!
2. That wouldn't be too hard to add either.
3. It should tell you a "percentage" of accuracy and once you are at or below 10, It should say complete just after the number... what I might do is make the button say "cancel" and when it is at an acceptable level, change it to "Complete".
2. Yes, the ads go away with the paid version... here is a screen capture without ads...
- 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM #6
Ah! I see the "Done" part of the calibration screen now. That makes more sense. I guess if the "Done" announcement was even just a tad bit more noticeable (like in a box with a different colored background) that would suffice.
Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration. It's always nice to see app developers acknowledge suggestions, even if the suggestions are not feasible (most of us aren't developers and have really no idea how hard it is to do things, so we just throw stuff out there--speaking of that, the only other thing I could think of that would be really cool is listing the current coordinates, but I imagine that is not easy to do...probably would have to implement some GPS feature or something, but it's just a suggestion. Don't feel obligated to do too much--the app is excellent as is and my wife and I will be purchasing it presently. All the other flashlight/compass apps look the same. I like the unique interface of this one I'll also add it to my Nokia "App Social" list of "Apps I love", to help get the word out. Cheers!
- By mauriciod73 in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 9Last Post: 08-28-2013, 01:27 AM
- By CCoutret in forum Nokia ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2013, 11:28 AM
- By abeinspace in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:11 PM
- By mistacombs in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM
- By Mroofieunblockm in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM