New Nokia Lumia 928, new to windows phone, no 4G

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! This is my first Windows Phone, I've been an Android user for quite some time. I used my upgrade to get a Lumia 928 on Verizon and am noticing something odd. I don't seem to be getting any 4G/LTE service. A friend next to me had full bars of 4G on her Galaxy Nexus but mine was still only showing 3G service. Is there something that I need to do to get 4G enabled? The on;y thing I've been able to find is under Settings>cellular I do have Mode Selection set to LTE and CDMA. Anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I was previously using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus which was able to get 4G service perfectly fine so it shouldn't be a subscription issue.

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't called them yet. Their techs always seem to be useless. I may just run in to the Verizon Store and have them take a look there.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Occassionally there is a glitch when activating a new phone. Usually a call to them resolves the problem. You could also power down the phone, remove the sim card, power on the phone, power down the phone, reinsert the sim, power on the phone and see if that works.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you subscribed to a 4G service? You WILL need this in order to get a 4G signal

Umm...that isn't how it works. If you are Verizon's network (or any network), you don't have to pay anything extra or subscribe to anything extra to get 4G LTE. It's all part of the package.

OP, what I would do is put the phone into airplane mode, do a reboot, and then turn it off airplane mode and see if you get LTE. If not, then it very well could be a SIM card issue.

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Occassionally there is a glitch when activating a new phone. Usually a call to them resolves the problem. You could also power down the phone, remove the sim card, power on the phone, power down the phone, reinsert the sim, power on the phone and see if that works.

Gave them a call and they said they would open a resolution ticket for me and would contact me once it was resolved. Also tried powering down the phone, removing sim card, powering back up then off again, re-inserting the sim card and powering back on to no avail.

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Contacted Verizon support and they said they would open a resolution ticket and would contact me once they had a solution.

Tried powering off, removing sim, powering back on then off again, re-inserting the sim and powering back on to no avail.

Also tried putting the phone in to airplane mode, powering off then back on, then turning airplane mode off with no luck,

Looks like I may be making a trip to the Verizon store in the morning to get a new sim card or possibly a new phone.

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Is LTE available from Verizon in your area? It will only show LTE if it is available in your area. Also have you hard reset the phone? When I upgraded my phone from Windows 7 to Windows 7.5, Verizon Support wanted me to do a hard reset of the phone after my phone had no 3G service.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Gave them a call and they said they would open a resolution ticket for me and would contact me once it was resolved. Also tried powering down the phone, removing sim card, powering back up then off again, re-inserting the sim card and powering back on to no avail.

It also might be the phone, this happened to mine after I put a T-Mobile SIM card in it. Was a bit of a drastic step, but I reset the phone and was fine afterwards.

dawynkoop

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Well on a whim I tried my girl's sim and LTE worked just fine. Put mine back in and only 3G. Decided to stop in at a Verizon store for a new sim and everything has worked fine since. Guess my sim card decided to crap out on me.

Thanks for everyone's input!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem. I went down to Verizon and they gave me a new sim card and I'm still having the same problem. I can get LTE SOMETIMES but very rarely and never more than two bars. It's usually at 1x/3g. Ughhh. I'm going to have to call them and see if they can do something on their end otherwise it's new phone time. It's a shame because I actually love WP8 and loved my Lumia 920 on AT&T.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Well on a whim I tried my girl's sim and LTE worked just fine. Put mine back in and only 3G. Decided to stop in at a Verizon store for a new sim and everything has worked fine since. Guess my sim card decided to crap out on me.

Thanks for everyone's input!
Ahh, I was almost ready to recommend for you to check if it thought it was roaming. Good to see that it works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12