Lego Wireless Dock for 928

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I went nuts this weekend designing a dock for my 928 and Nokia Wireless plate. This is the result. I haven't had a chance to build it. I'm afraid the parts list is quite extensive and kind of expensive. The only I have done for sure is made sure the phone WILL charge with 2 plates and 1 flat tile between and it does work. Almost every part is available on Pick a Brick on lego.com. Some need color changes if that's the only other place to buy. If there's enough interest I can post a link to the designer file.

928 lego dock.png 928 lego dock back.png

--------
Jerry

Last edited:

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's sweet! I personally would like the link to the designer file so I can check it out and I'm sure others will too.

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, here goes. I hope this works...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16223690/Jerry 928 wireless dock 2.lxf for the designer file
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16223690/Jerry 928 wireless dock 2.xlsx for the Excel BOM if you don't want or need to install Designer. Keep in mind, some items won't show up as available in Lego.com pick a brick. For example, a 1x12 plate isn't available in black but it is available in grey. Not really a big deal for me, I just swapped colors. I didn't update the designer file to reflect this. Also, kind of a biggie, 8x8 black plates aren't available either. I think I ordered grey again, or maybe white. It was a long list.. ;) The peg connectors aren't available at all it seems. I have some so it's no big deal for me. Good luck! If you see anything that should be altered, let me know. This is my first attempt at a custom model using designer. If you use it or share it, please link back here. I want to see your work!

Thanks
Jerry

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Got it built! Had to make some modifications, though. The top plate for the phone would not allow it to charge. Happy with the result though. and the funky color thing is because Lego Pick a Brick online didn't have enough of the right pieces in the right colors.
DSC_9592.jpg
DSC_9594.jpg
DSC_9595.jpg

It's really over-engineered, but I don't care

Fun project. Now to think about one for the iPad...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes