Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi. Just received my Lumia 928 with the latest update. Smooth, fast, interesting. Was wondering if there is a shortcut to silent mode? When using the volume buttons it will put the phone into vibrate but not silent. The only way I have found to do this is to go into the sound settings and turn off the vibrate and ringer manually. Is there a shortcut button or app that can put the phone in silent mode from the home screen? I came up empty on a search of the store.
    If you turn off the vibrate in ringtones setting, then the volume/tap will toggle between silent and ring. But if you want vibrate on when you have ring on, then no, there's no shortcut.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

If you don't care to have vibrate off, the drop down volume bar switches between ringer and silent when you uncheck vibrate.

Thanks. I'll send them some feedback and keep an eye on the store. Does flip to silence kill the vibrate?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I don't have it yet but it should. And if the power of my memory is correct it is a cycling option on 8.1 so they are aware of that bump.