Silent Mode Shortcut?

Phat_B

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Just received my Lumia 928 with the latest update. Smooth, fast, interesting. Was wondering if there is a shortcut to silent mode? When using the volume buttons it will put the phone into vibrate but not silent. The only way I have found to do this is to go into the sound settings and turn off the vibrate and ringer manually. Is there a shortcut button or app that can put the phone in silent mode from the home screen? I came up empty on a search of the store.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you turn off the vibrate in ringtones setting, then the volume/tap will toggle between silent and ring. But if you want vibrate on when you have ring on, then no, there's no shortcut.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't care to have vibrate off, the drop down volume bar switches between ringer and silent when you uncheck vibrate.

Phat_B

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll send them some feedback and keep an eye on the store. Does flip to silence kill the vibrate?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it yet but it should. And if the power of my memory is correct it is a cycling option on 8.1 so they are aware of that bump.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills