Headphone amplifiers

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm a flip phone -> blackberry -> android -> iphone -> windows phone convert. I can't remember back to android or earlier, but I have noticed my 928 doesn't seem to have to volume output my iphone had. Even adjusting the EQ settings doesn't get it to the level I had before. This is important to me because I have a pair of V-Moda M-100 headphones that I use quite often to listen to music.

Do any of you have any experience with line amplifiers on Windows/Nokia phones? Most of the amps that I was considering before were geared toward iphones. Would love input from anyone that's used one with their 928 as I'm probably going to have to get one to maximize the ability of my headphones.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't. I don't know Nokia to be that focused on sound as much as they are with the camera. Now with a set of decent earbuds, my 920 is very enjoyable but if I plug them into my car stereo input jack, the sound quality is so poor I have to stop playing it. Even playback to my bluetooth speakers sounds bad that I considered returning them to Costco. But when I paired them with my ipad mini, it is like night and day sound wise. Maybe the sound is much better with the 1020. But with the 920, not so much.

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
My question is, has anyone used any of the Fiio amps that connect via the headphone jack? Or another amp? Sound quality is really lacking as is.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I use ATH-M50s and a JDS Labs cMoy (the one built in the Altoids case)and it sounds great. I don't always use the amp as for casual listening since I think the phone sounds pretty good (and loud enough) without it. But the amp brings in the clarity and incredible bass support at higher volumes. I use earbuds when jogging with no problem with volume.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you build? I suggest the AMB Labs headphone amp. That's what I built and use until a friend bought it from me. I now use the AMB Labs DAC with my Surface RT.

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm a flip phone -> blackberry -> android -> iphone -> windows phone convert. I can't remember back to android or earlier, but I have noticed my 928 doesn't seem to have to volume output my iphone had. Even adjusting the EQ settings doesn't get it to the level I had before. This is important to me because I have a pair of V-Moda M-100 headphones that I use quite often to listen to music.

Do any of you have any experience with line amplifiers on Windows/Nokia phones? Most of the amps that I was considering before were geared toward iphones. Would love input from anyone that's used one with their 928 as I'm probably going to have to get one to maximize the ability of my headphones.

I have an ALO Audio MKI and a CMOY design custom build. Both work fine with my L920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon