Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doohickie

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I am having difficulty in getting Facebook Notifications (toasts?) I liked how my iphone got notifications. What can I do? Is there a different app?
    It seems as though my tile does not update to my latest status update?
    I cannot save someone else's picture on Facebook?

Learning Win 8 on my new Lumia 928. I love it, but these little issues are, well....Just learning.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    The Facebook experience on WP has some quirks, but it's better than it was and hopefully more improvement is on the way. This thread has some info and feel free to ask any questions you have there. I'm sure someone can help out with answers. Good luck. Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

The JDB Facebook app seems to be better at notifications.
    yatman60 likes this.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I can deal with the notifications as MS works on this and from what I hear it is a few weeks out.

In the meantime:
    1 ) How do you all save photo's someone has posted to your timeline? I went into my PC, and just emailed them to myself that way. Then, I saved it and got a share to My Skydrive.
    2) How do you post multiple photo's and include a status update message with it?

Thanks

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The Facebook Beta app seems to work fairly well but is still missing some features. The "official" app sucks! Of the features it does support, most don't work or only work partially. The main feature I have an issue with is sharing a post. I get some error about privacy settings or some nonsense. I fire up JDB and do the same thing and it works just fine as does the Beta version.
    Ambassador

Let FB update your lockscreen?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I will try the lockscreen - Thanks monsta007...

The Facebook Beta App, this is the FB app that is #1 in downloads, correct? Will try JDB too...

The downside of the JDB FB app is that it doesn't let you do Checkins. They want you to load one of their other apps to do that (and I think it's not free). Other than that, it's pretty good.

I use the People Hub for casual browsing, and if I want to do something that the People Hub doesn't support, I fire up the FB Beta app.

Quote Originally Posted by yatman60 View Post
    The Facebook Beta app seems to work fairly well but is still missing some features. The "official" app sucks! Of the features it does support, most don't work or only work partially. The main feature I have an issue with is sharing a post. I get some error about privacy settings or some nonsense. I fire up JDB and do the same thing and it works just fine as does the Beta version.
    The Official Facebook app has just been updated to v5.0.3.0. Do you guys mind giving it a try? Official Facebook app for Windows Phone gets updated | Windows Phone Central

Jdb is not good at all, it always has feed issue, i used to use it, but fb beta is Just great till now but missing some features!

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I have a question/issue of my own. I am using the Facebook Beta app which for me is way better than the Official one. If I upload a photo from there all is good. However if I go to a photo in my Camera Roll, click the ellipsis, choose Share and then Facebook it never uploads. Are others seeing this issue as well and is there a way to fix this?
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    I have a question/issue of my own. I am using the Facebook Beta app which for me is way better than the Official one. If I upload a photo from there all is good. However if I go to a photo in my Camera Roll, click the ellipsis, choose Share and then Facebook it never uploads. Are others seeing this issue as well and is there a way to fix this?
    Have you configured FB on your phone's system? (Not the app but the default system)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Have you configured FB on your phone's system? (Not the app but the default system)
    Yes.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Where do I find the Facebook Beta App?

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    Where do I find the Facebook Beta App?
    Here ya go!

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)