Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #1  
    Anyone sent their phone in to Nokia for warranty repair? I'm thinking about doing it but wondered how long it takes based on other experiences. I don't look forward to being phoneless for a week or more.

    My 928's external speaker is terrible. It used to be fine, but now it's so distorted at higher volumes that I just keep the sound turned off. It's almost like the speaker was blown somehow.

    I'm assuming this would fall under warranty, as it wasn't due to any damage on my part that I'm aware of, it seems to be a manufacturer defect.
  2. jabels57's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #2  
    I sent my phone a week ago (it thought there were headphones connected) being delivered tomorrow. not too bad as it was a bank holiday, (from the UK).
    Thanked by:
  3. Trevor Halsey's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    Anyone sent their phone in to Nokia for warranty repair? I'm thinking about doing it but wondered how long it takes based on other experiences. I don't look forward to being phoneless for a week or more.
    My 928's external speaker is terrible. It used to be fine, but now it's so distorted at higher volumes that I just keep the sound turned off. It's almost like the speaker was blown somehow.
    I'm assuming this would fall under warranty, as it wasn't due to any damage on my part that I'm aware of, it seems to be a manufacturer defect.
    It probably just needs recalibrated. You can use Nokia Care Suite to try that and see if that will remedy the issue. I don't remember what its exactly called, but I think its the IFV?
    My Phones & PDAs:


    My Apps:
    Lumia Apps (Broken ATM) x_x

    US Carrier Apps
  4. nunyazz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #4  
    Mine took 12 days, but they returned my phone saying it passed all tests... but it is still not working correctly.


    ... ohh and almost forgot. I've been waiting over 4 weeks for them to contact me back about my issues. Have fun with that.
    Thanked by:
  5. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Halsey View Post
    It probably just needs recalibrated. You can use Nokia Care Suite to try that and see if that will remedy the issue. I don't remember what its exactly called, but I think its the IFV?
    good to know, I'll give this a try before losing my phone for awhile.
  6. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunyazz View Post
    Mine took 12 days, but they returned my phone saying it passed all tests... but it is still not working correctly.


    ... ohh and almost forgot. I've been waiting over 4 weeks for them to contact me back about my issues. Have fun with that.
    that sucks, thanks for the heads up. What issue are you having that they didn't fix?
  7. Muessig's Avatar


    Posts
    3,843 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,889 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #7  
    When mine has been sent in I've had amazing service and only been without my phone for about 5 working days.
  8. nunyazz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    that sucks, thanks for the heads up. What issue are you having that they didn't fix?
    Having sound issues. Sounds go out after connecting to bluetooth devices. Have to reboot to get sound to come back. So basically I have to reboot my phone about 12 - 16 times a day.
  9. Penny_1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    #9  
    I've replaced my Lumia 928 a few times now, but I've gone through Verizon each time to get a replacement rather than going through Nokia to get it repaired. Going through Verizon, they ship you out the replacement phone (usually gets to you in a few days), then you just have to ship them back your defective 928, and they include a pre-paid shipping label. So no downtime and it is free as long as you have not damaged your phone.
  10. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_1 View Post
    I've replaced my Lumia 928 a few times now, but I've gone through Verizon each time to get a replacement rather than going through Nokia to get it repaired. Going through Verizon, they ship you out the replacement phone (usually gets to you in a few days), then you just have to ship them back your defective 928, and they include a pre-paid shipping label. So no downtime and it is free as long as you have not damaged your phone.
    Did you get yours from Verizon? I got mine through Newegg. I figured Verizon wouldn't do anything for me as I purchased it elsewhere.
  11. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Halsey View Post
    It probably just needs recalibrated. You can use Nokia Care Suite to try that and see if that will remedy the issue. I don't remember what its exactly called, but I think its the IFV?
    What is Nokia Care Suite and where do I acquire it?
  12. 01mggt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #12  
    How long do you have to replace the phone thru Verizon? Mine has a rattle in the vibration and the gunk on the soft keys
  13. Trevor Halsey's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    What is Nokia Care Suite and where do I acquire it?
    www.seidea.com


    Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.
    My Phones & PDAs:


    My Apps:
    Lumia Apps (Broken ATM) x_x

    US Carrier Apps
  14. Nakazul's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #14  
    Mine have been in for service 2 times, its on its third run now and they nearly fixed my issues. Each time its taken around 2 weeks.
    The service have gone through the carrier (as is the way to go in Sweden) 3 and they created more issues then solving. But third times the charm right?
    Here we get a cheap Samsung Android device as a replacement phone (lucky me I have a working stabile L800).
  15. Penny_1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    Did you get yours from Verizon? I got mine through Newegg. I figured Verizon wouldn't do anything for me as I purchased it elsewhere.
    I did get my phone from Verizon, but it might still work for you as well. I'm not sure if Verizon provides this service because of my contract with them or because I purchased the phone from them, but it's probably still worth it to you to ask.
  16. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Halsey View Post
    Okay, I installed it. I'm not sure how to use it.

    I found the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 application and opened it up. It detected my phone.

    Then I go to File -> Open Product and selected RM-860 (Lumia 928).

    The "Tests" option becomes available. However, all of the tests say "Product Disconnected" and won't let me click any of the buttons, etc. The IHF application, however, just gives me an error message and shuts down.
  17. Trevor Halsey's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #17  
    You might have to manually install the drivers. They are in the drivers folder to wherever it was installed. If not, I'll have to check where I had got the drivers.



    Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.
    My Phones & PDAs:


    My Apps:
    Lumia Apps (Broken ATM) x_x

    US Carrier Apps
  18. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
       #18  
    I went into Verizon today and they ordered me a replacement device with no hassles. I hate to lose all my data and start over, but it'll be nice to have a working speaker again. And maybe I'll get one with a clean Windows button. Quick shipping, it'll be here Wednesday.
  19. QOAM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #19  
    I sent my phone in on 11/12/2013 .. someone signed for it on 11/14/2013 .. The Nokia rep on the phone tells me that "repair" didn't receive the phone until 11/20/2013 and can't explain where the phone sat for 6 days. They tell me it will take 7 -10 business days to complete the repair. I think I will go back to my iPhone where I can just walk it into an Apple store and either get it repaired or replaced in an hour or so. This is just crazy.
    wryting - not typing on my tablet pc - please forgive any wrytos !!
    diane.whatever
  20. pursuit2550's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #20  
    I bought mine through VZW, as I do all my phones and anytime I have warranty issue I through VZW. I know I wouldn't lime to be with out a pho e for a week or two.
  21. QOAM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #21  
    As much as I love the Nokia, this is my last one. When I get my phone back I will be selling it on eBay because for now I need to go buy something else. Their support is HORRIBLE ..
    wryting - not typing on my tablet pc - please forgive any wrytos !!
    diane.whatever

Similar Threads

  1. Guide: Nokia Pro Cam for Htc 8x
    By Bryan Sayas in forum HTC 8X
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 11:07 PM
  2. Nokia Music problems
    By manas16 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 07:27 AM
  3. Email - Error Code: 80048888 on Nokia Lumia 720
    By Aravind Gopalakrishnan in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 06:26 AM
  4. wi-fi want disconnect when screen times out
    By Ssrki in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 02:25 PM
  5. Windows Phone 8(Nokia Lumi 520)
    By manjunatha katriki in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions