Red Lumia 928 Launch Imminent

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Was using NCS / Navifirm+ to get some ROMs for my sisters Red L920 and for some reason decided to click on the GDR2/Amber version of the 928. Look what I found (also shows up in NCS)

Release 3045.0000.1328.2046
RM-860 VAR VRZ Black (059R224)
RM-860 VAR VRZ RED (059R227)
RM-860 VAR VRZ White (059R225)
v2.jpg

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
They've launched red phones right around Valentines day, but that's still a bit out, so they'll probably launch it right around Christmas since red is also a color associated with Christmas/Santa Claus.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They've launched red phones right around Valentines day, but that's still a bit out, so they'll probably launch it right around Christmas since red is also a color associated with Christmas/Santa Claus.

I can't imagine the 928 being a good buy come Christmas time. Some new phones will already be out, plus consider more coming early next year.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine the 928 being a good buy come Christmas time. Some new phones will already be out, plus consider more coming early next year.

Agreed, if it comes out for the public it'll be in September. But it's a bit painful to think about buying the 928 in September when new devices could be out on VZW in December.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Other than a 1020 or 925 variant, what other Nokia phone could you see coming to Verizon in the near future? Verizon has always been timid toward the WP platform, though even if they get more excited about the platform it doesn't seem like there's anything in the works at Nokia that could be out as early as December? I know these phones are obsolete within ~9 months but usually we hear a lot of chatter about new phone platforms coming and then see them in ~3-4 months and right now it doesn't seem like anything is in the works at Nokia that could be on VZW by the end of this year.

nickg0413

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
personally i am happy with the 928 as it is. i'm just happy to know that GRD3 will update in a few months and 8.1 will be pushed after the beginning of the year.....that's a heck of a lot more updates i got with my android device over the last 1 1/2 years.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
personally i am happy with the 928 as it is. i'm just happy to know that GRD3 will update in a few months and 8.1 will be pushed after the beginning of the year.....that's a heck of a lot more updates i got with my android device over the last 1 1/2 years.

Glad you like it! I'm sure I would too. Just want to make sure i'm buying at the right time.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ever since GDR2, mine has randomly had this thing where it acts like I'm touching the screen repeatedly. If on lock screen it sits there and bounces. If I've swiped up from lock, it sits there and taps the 2. If on start, it launches apps. If in an app, it taps controls. Either my home and work are both haunted, and the super sensitive screen can sense even the touch of spirits, or I'm going to put up with it until the red phone comes out, then go to the Microsoft Store where I made my purchase and exchange it, and hopefully be able to exchange it for red.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having similar problems, much less often after turning off the super sensitive touch and peek. I think all of that stuff needs some tweaking before its really useful

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ever since GDR2, mine has randomly had this thing where it acts like I'm touching the screen repeatedly. If on lock screen it sits there and bounces. If I've swiped up from lock, it sits there and taps the 2. If on start, it launches apps. If in an app, it taps controls. Either my home and work are both haunted, and the super sensitive screen can sense even the touch of spirits, or I'm going to put up with it until the red phone comes out, then go to the Microsoft Store where I made my purchase and exchange it, and hopefully be able to exchange it for red.
I'm not confident that the MSFT store will carry an extra color if VZW cones out with it. Is there a precedence for it? Did they with the 822?

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are able to get it in red. I've always wondered if one is able to switch your phone to a different color through a warranty claim.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope you are able to get it in red. I've always wondered if one is able to switch your phone to a different color through a warranty claim.
not very likely. I have requested it a few times through out the years and have yet to successfully do that.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
not very likely. I have requested it a few times through out the years and have yet to successfully do that.

I'd be surprised if the Microsoft store even started to carry a red version of the phone if VZW started carrying it (I still don't think that VZW will.)

I'd happily be proven wrong on both of these doubts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)