Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Is this something I have to call the provider for to use another closer network? I'm on extended network since I'm about 9 miles from the nearest cell tower, I'm in a hole in the mountains.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I would check out this thread for information: Can the 928 be made to work on ATT

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    All Verizon LTE phones have their GSM radios unlocked out of the box so unless you're trying to use it on Sprint or another CDMA carrier just pop in the sim and go

If you want to use it on T-Mobile or AT&T with full MMS, you need to copy all the APN settings to a new APN profile in Access Point, then apply them. However, if you do this and go back to Verizon, it messes with the Verizon APN settings (as Verizon doesn't have a Access Point profile), so you have to reset the phone to get Verizon LTE going again.

Source: I've spent a lot of time playing with my 928 on VZW, AT&T and T-Mobile.

Ok, its just weird that my wife's and son's androids both can send and receive multimedia text and I can't, and we're on the same network, Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by xrs22 View Post
    Ok, its just weird that my wife's and son's androids both can send and receive multimedia text and I can't, and we're on the same network, Verizon.
    What Verizon network is your phone seeing (and similarly, what network are theirs)? I'd suggest calling Verizon as it might be something they can try to reset on the backend

Quote Originally Posted by AR2186 View Post
    What Verizon network is your phone seeing (and similarly, what network are theirs)? I'd suggest calling Verizon as it might be something they can try to reset on the backend
    I've already called but was gonna get a call back after the update to see if it resolved the issue. Nothing different on my account setting from my previous 920. Because we're in a basin in the mountains is a factor I know.

I had a problem with mms not working and, once I did a reset, it works flawlessly now. Not ideal, but if you can, give that a shot

Quote Originally Posted by AR2186 View Post
    I had a problem with mms not working and, once I did a reset, it works flawlessly now. Not ideal, but if you can, give that a shot
    every Nokia I do that on, it ends up staying in reset mode.

I've done countless, and its only happened once. If it ever happens again, you can fix it in Nokia Care Suite (there is a thread in the forums on how to fix a bricked 920, use the same instructions)

Finally got it. Have to set it to roaming and mode selection to LTE and CDMA