Lumia 928 call quality

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been having problems recently that when I call someone or someone calls me, I can't hear them unless I am using speaker phone. It says the call is connected and the timer is going up but no voice is coming through unless I use speaker phone. Does anyone have this same problem? Or can someone help me fix it? Or do I just need to get a new phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've not seen it on this phone, but maybe it thinks there are headphones plugged in when there is not? Try plugging some headphones in, then unplugging them to see if that helps. I'm probably reaching here....

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've not seen it on this phone, but maybe it thinks there are headphones plugged in when there is not? Try plugging some headphones in, then unplugging them to see if that helps. I'm probably reaching here....

I don't think you are. I don't know the specific threads but search the forums and also look in the Bugs and Defects thread. I'm positive that some of the stuff I read the other day when I was trying to figure something out with my phone was about call quality and the use of it with an audio input. Like maybe you need to reboot it and if that doesn't work, you may need to connect it like was suggested and then go into the audio settings as well. But look through the forums, there have been others with the issue of volume only through the speakphone and they were able to correct it.

Robert Supernor

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues... but I don't know if it's the same cause... When I'm at work.. my calls were a huge pain... I eventually figured it out... I had spotty wifi and the phone was making it's call through wifi. In Settings>Cellular... I changed "For limited Wi-Fi connectivity" to USE CELLULAR DATA. This made the issue go away, but your problem might be different. Best of luck to you.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues... but I don't know if it's the same cause... When I'm at work.. my calls were a huge pain... I eventually figured it out... I had spotty wifi and the phone was making it's call through wifi. In Settings>Cellular... I changed "For limited Wi-Fi connectivity" to USE CELLULAR DATA. This made the issue go away, but your problem might be different. Best of luck to you.
ummm hmm I don't think the 928 uses WiFi for calling. At least I didn't know it had that feature.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! Its been intermittent but I'll look around for other people experiencing the same thing and I'll try to do the headphone thing. Now that I think about it, it really only started happening after the first time I plugged in a beats pill speaker to it so I'll keep an eye out.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a loose wire. Some pressure in the back, particularly the top corners, may help the volume come, but that "fix" isn't 100% reliable and becomes less reliable over time.

As I think I just posted in, like, 3 straight threads (haha), it's happened to two phones for me. Second one is going back tomorrow.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a loose wire. Some pressure in the back, particularly the top corners, may help the volume come, but that "fix" isn't 100% reliable and becomes less reliable over time.

As I think I just posted in, like, 3 straight threads (haha), it's happened to two phones for me. Second one is going back tomorrow.

Exactly this. JudgeHolden knows what's up, as it's happening on my phone as well.

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Just started in the past week. I haven't been doing anything that I normally would be doing (listening to Nokia music through the speakers, talking on the phone with or without the speaker). I can't hear squat when on the phone unless I use the speakers. I'll be damned if I have to take the phone back because of what, a faulty speaker? Heaven forbid a speaker doesn't last more than 2 months on a smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb