Lumia 928 on T-Mobile

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Much like everyone else, I am having problems SENDING SMS/MMS. It's weird......when I go into cellular settings and change highest speed connection (ie: LTE, 3G, 2G), I can go out and send ONE text message just fine. When I try to send another text, I got the error 1 code. I can go back into cellular, change the speed again (any speed), then send another text, then the text does the same thing. Why would I be able to send one text only, then get repeated Error 1 codes? Also cannot update to Amber, but I'm assuming this is a common problem.

If texting would just work, I would love to keep this phone. I did an extensive review back last December on my experiences with Windows phones, and it seems a lot of stuff has been hashed out since then, and I actually really don't mind the simplicity of the platform.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
When you buy a dual band phone from a CDMA carrier then try to switch it to a GSM carrier, you'll always run into problems.

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, some people say they are getting it to work perfectly, and others are not. There has to be a solution. I'm not sure how to update the Access Point application.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My experience is that the APN settings that Access Point loads do not "stick" properly. My problems with picture messaging went away when I copied all the Access Point T-Mobile APN settings down and the created a new APN, then activated it.

Just be forewarned, however, that you can't full "un-stick" the settings either, so if you try to go back to Verizon the LTE wouldn't work until a hard reset.

I actually don't like the Access Point program because I think there is abit more going on than we know, so I would suggest using the phones settings menu (post GDR2) instead of Access Point because it can be cleared. I'd probably even uninstall Access Point before using it (use the date trick - set your year to 2222 and then open Access Point, it will prompt you to uninstall the program).

I've tried my original suggestion on two 928s, but haven't tried it by deleting Access Point yet

Zigmono

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the hard reset after gsm to get LTE back on VZW. I had no problems using two different gsm carriers in Europe, but had no LTE after hitting the States and putting my VZW sim into the phone.

Rich 2

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a t-mobile US user with a Lumia 928. I am also unable to send SMS with error 1. The only time I can send messages is when I put the phone in 2G mode. I have tried the nokia access point application and have made sure that the SMS service center number is correct without any success. Any tips from anyone who has this working would be greatly appreciated.

Rich 2

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Much like everyone else, I am having problems SENDING SMS/MMS. It's weird......when I go into cellular settings and change highest speed connection (ie: LTE, 3G, 2G), I can go out and send ONE text message just fine. When I try to send another text, I got the error 1 code. I can go back into cellular, change the speed again (any speed), then send another text, then the text does the same thing. Why would I be able to send one text only, then get repeated Error 1 codes? Also cannot update to Amber, but I'm assuming this is a common problem.

If texting would just work, I would love to keep this phone. I did an extensive review back last December on my experiences with Windows phones, and it seems a lot of stuff has been hashed out since then, and I actually really don't mind the simplicity of the platform.

The reason why this happens is because every time you change the speed of the connection the phone breaks down the data connection and re-establishes it. In re-establishing it there are a few seconds when the phone is in 2G mode and if you happen to try a send an SMS during that time the message will go through fine. If you let the phone sit for a few seconds, by then the connection would have ramped up to 3G/H+ and at that point you will not be able to send out SMS anymore. The only way I can make it send SMS is if I leave it in 2G mode. I am on the amber version of the FW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes