added outlook account now all of my contacts are gone

Zach Borts

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my nokia lumia 928 for about a month now and have been loving it. I manually entered all of my contacts because I came from a dumb phone. I just added my outlook account to my phone and now all of my contacts disappeared WTF. I don't use my email accounts or facebook to manage phone numbers mainly because that would add a lot of people I don't want/need in my phone. Is there a way to get my contacts back without reentering them all in manually?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Contacts aren't stored locally on WP so you must have added them to some account. When you hit the + icon to add a new contact, what do you see after that? Should have been a list of accounts to choose from (Or 1 if only 1 was setup). What you should have done, was add the outlook.com account first as that is the primary sync account for all things MS and the store, then added the contacts to that account. Then you would have them synced to anything using that outlook.com (MS) account.

Zach Borts

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok that makes a lot more sense, I didn't understand that the contacts are not stored locally. I had originally set up the phone with a hotmail account I don't use and I just added it back and all my contacts are back thank you for the help.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Cool. You may still want to move them to your primary hotmail/MSN/Live/Outlook.com account that you want your store purchases, skydrive, etc all tied to so you only have to deal with that 1 account moving forward. Something to think about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss