Text and live tile problems

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My live tiles have stopped updating. None of them are acting right. This includes my battery tile and WP central.

Also my text messaging is acting real crazy. Sometimes it tells me that there are no messages. I have to back out and go back in to see them. When I send a message it randomly takes up to 15-20 sec to send. Anyone else having this problem? I haven't changed any settings.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Similar things are happening with me... I hard reset my phone a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I disabled these features. Maybe it is a bug. All I know is my battery life is amazing!!!

Needless to say, I am not too worried. I want to figure it out, but I am I'm no rush.

Good luck.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Check out the comments/suggestions by Mr. Brown and myself in this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/238665-live-tiles-dead.html

Basically it's most likely too many background agents running. (Some apps can have agents running and you may not see them in the 'background tasks' settings screen) I'd advise opening all your apps and checking their respective settings to disable Live Tiles, and other background agent/tasks there on top of blocking unwanted apps in the background tasks settings. Also keep a count of how many apps have background tasks running. More than 15 seems to be the spot where people start having troubles. Good luck.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. Similar things are happening with me... I hard reset my phone a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I disabled these features. Maybe it is a bug. All I know is my battery life is amazing!!!

Needless to say, I am not too worried. I want to figure it out, but I am I'm no rush.

Good luck.

I would try that but I don't want to lose my app data.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Check out the comments/suggestions by Mr. Brown and myself in this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/238665-live-tiles-dead.html

Basically it's most likely too many background agents running. (Some apps can have agents running and you may not see them in the 'background tasks' settings screen) I'd advise opening all your apps and checking their respective settings to disable Live Tiles, and other background agent/tasks there on top of blocking unwanted apps in the background tasks settings. Also keep a count of how many apps have background tasks running. More than 15 seems to be the spot where people start having troubles. Good luck.

ok, so I eventually got annoyed with certain apps not updating which did cause problems for me. I tried your suggestion and they seem to be working again. Thanks

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
ok, so I eventually got annoyed with certain apps not updating which did cause problems for me. I tried your suggestion and they seem to be working again. Thanks

Awesome, glad it worked out for you. Hopefully MS will make this system more robust and hands free, but for now, understanding it's limitations can at least make it manageable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3