Anyone know where the Nokia store is in Chicago? I can't find any answer. TAT

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
There are some problems on My Nokia!

My friend is in Chicago, I have sent my broken phone to him so that he can take it to the nokia store.

But he can't find the Nokia store in Chicago. Anyone know the address?

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My 928 sucks!!! Its screen is broken suddenly.

There are some problems on My Nokia!

My friend is in Chicago, I have sent my broken phone to him so that he can take it to the nokia store.

But he can't find the Nokia store in Chicago. Anyone know the address?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: My 928 sucks!!! Its screen is broken suddenly.

It use to be on Michigan Ave., but they closed it about 3 years ago. I got my Nokia N8 at that store. I did hear about a new one opening in Chicago, but I haven't heard anymore about it for 6 months.

Where did you buy your 928 at?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

find a phone repair shop or find somewhere online, I looked around and the cost I saw was $250 which is a complete rip off!

Phillip Ibarra

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

If you got your 928 through verizon just call them up and tell them the screen quit working. It should be under the 1 year warranty through nokia. They will send you another one, then you ship your broken one back to them. Its really easy and they pay for the return.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

find a phone repair shop or find somewhere online, I looked around and the cost I saw was $250 which is a complete rip off!

Considering that may have been the digitizer and lcd assembly, that is probably not a bad deal, if it includes the labor. I could see the assembly itself being that much.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

If you got your 928 through verizon just call them up and tell them the screen quit working. It should be under the 1 year warranty through nokia. They will send you another one, then you ship your broken one back to them. Its really easy and they pay for the return.

There is a highly technical legal term for this. Insurance Fraud. It is a crime.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

There is a highly technical legal term for this. Insurance Fraud. It is a crime.

Correct me if im wrong, but if the LCD just stopped working, that is considered manufacturing defect and warrants a replacement?

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Correct me if im wrong, but if the LCD just stopped working, that is considered manufacturing defect and warrants a replacement?

Yeah broken can mean two things - doesn't turn on/won't respond to touch (warranty eligible) or screen cracked (not warranty eligible). It wasn't stated which category this one falls under so I think it's a bit brash to assume it's a fraudulent attempt to get a replacement phone.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

If the screen shattered, then it WOULD be insurance fraud if that process actually worked. But it wouldn't. If you go through that process with a damaged phone, they will charge you the full retail price of the phone when they receive it and see it is damaged.

If the display broke in some other way, as in just stopped working without any appearance of physical damage, then it could be claimed under warranty.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

It use to be on Michigan Ave., but they closed it about 3 years ago. I got my Nokia N8 at that store. I did hear about a new one opening in Chicago, but I haven't heard anymore about it for 6 months.

Where did you buy your 928 at?
I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

I have found one in Michigan Ave in Google, but it seems the office building for Nokia Staff.

I don't know what can I do.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

My 928 is under the one year warranty. I don't think I should pay sth for my problem.

Last edited:

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Not Really. I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

My 928 is under the one year warranty.

What should I do? TAT

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Considering that may have been the digitizer and lcd assembly, that is probably not a bad deal, if it includes the labor. I could see the assembly itself being that much.

My screen just stopped working and three vertical line appeared on the screen(Red One, Green One, Blue one)
The screen just freeze and stop on the same image.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah broken can mean two things - doesn't turn on/won't respond to touch (warranty eligible) or screen cracked (not warranty eligible). It wasn't stated which category this one falls under so I think it's a bit brash to assume it's a fraudulent attempt to get a replacement phone.

My screen don't respond to touch, not cracked.

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

If the screen shattered, then it WOULD be insurance fraud if that process actually worked. But it wouldn't. If you go through that process with a damaged phone, they will charge you the full retail price of the phone when they receive it and see it is damaged.

If the display broke in some other way, as in just stopped working without any appearance of physical damage, then it could be claimed under warranty.

My case is latter one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte